Alliance

I really apologize for the unnecessarily long wait, I've been so busy and I haven't had any time on my hands. Anyways, please enjoy.

A loud BOOM shook the ground, followed by several blasts of plasma rained around the edge of the defenses of the downed Venator.

"Incoming!" A clone trooper pointed at the skies above the camp. "It's coming around again!"

"We need rocket launchers!" A captain barked over his comlink.

The clone captain wiped the sweat from his brow before placing it back on. This was not going to be easy.

A CRS light cruiser turned steadily around the mountain, releasing dozens of banshees and provided cover with its plasma cannons, bearing on the larger Venator.

The ship fired what few functioning turbolasers it still had, along with the rocket's and cannons from the clones who desperately tried to fend off the small covenant ship.

Lacking shields, the CRS light cruiser wasn't very capable when defending itself from any heavy offensive attacks. The nanomalite armor was good against heat and plasma, however, and it managed to shrug off most of the turbolaser fire while retreating back behind the mountain.

The clones were somewhat relieved, the enemy cruiser finally falling back gave them hope of survival. After holding out for hours of constant attacks, morale was seriously dropping.

Obi Wan sighed, his attempts at contacting the Master Chief and Cody had failed thus far, and he feared the worst had fallen upon them.

The Covenant troops that landed were causing as much havoc as they could, creating a stalemate against the defending clone troopers. The experienced troopers easily trumped over the grunts, only having trouble with the jackals and elites, due to their energy shields.

Obi Wan took in a deep breath, and focused his attention at the approaching ground units. With a small push from the force he lunged himself past his troops and into the lines of the Covenant. He casually sliced a Jackal's arm away, and kicked a wailing grunt into an elite. Two elites charged at him, firing their plasma rifles wildly. Obi Wan reached out into the force, and managed to pull their weapons away. The two elites were furious, eagerly pulled out plasma daggers and attempted to stab him.

Obi Wan reaches out again, pushing the left elite back several feet while swinging his lightsaber at the one on his right. He quickly cut the alien's hand off and push it into it's partner. Just as they tried to attack again, a grunt was preparing to throw a plasma grenade, which Obi Wan guided into the two elites, killing them both.

As the battle grew in their favor, Obi Wan felt an odd presence in the force, something was coming.

John.

He blinked, finally regaining consciousness.

"J-John?" Cortana's voice creaked. His HUD flashed red and blue, he shook his head, trying to stand back on his legs.

The ground shook beneath him, rocks crumbled off the cliff sides and he found himself directly under a soaring pair of Covenant cruisers. The CCS Battlecruiser was followed by its smaller cousin, the CRS light cruiser, heading south, towards his only allies on the whole planet.

Chief heard several groans, and quickly turned to see some of the clone troopers had also survived.

"Cody!" Chief called for their commander. "Status report!"