Welcome to Requiem

A flash of white and blue encompassed the area around Chief. The light ceased, and the group found themselves in a corridor of dark, forerunner metal.

"This is the first pylon?" Chief asked out loud.

"N-no. This is as close as I can get." Cortana replied, and the group began to march forward with a jog.

The area around them was very rocky, Chief quickly figured they were on or near a mountain of some kind. Metal of forerunner origin bled through the ground the rock covered, reminding Cortana and Chief that the planet wasn't natural.

Suddenly, part of the mountain shook, and above flew a droid gunship, which seemed to have been damaged by some kind of energy burns, and didn't notice the group walking under it.

"That droid ship has engaged something, but our boys are busy fixing the ship." Cody said as the gunship flew past the mountain and out of sight.

"Let's move, the pylon is close." Chief started to jog forward, the clones keeping pace with the super soldier.

The rocks around them were dark grey and black, it encompassed the entire area, so Chief could easily see the bright red flashes that littered the sky.

Chief turned around a corner in the rock path and saw the pylon, droids were firing into a canyon, their backs turned to Chief and the clones.

Chief heard an all too familiar swish of a Banshee overhead. The light aircraft fired its main plasma cannons into a line of droids, killing two before being forced to retreat from the rocket fire of the B2's.

"The hell are those?" Waxer asked as he saw several elites charge into droid's line, cutting them apart with plasma rifles and energy swords.

"Covenant. Shoot from a distance, watch for snipers." Chief aimed with his rifle, fired off several bursts into an elite, popping it's shields and killing it in a quick fashion.

Chief jumped from the ledge and onto a rock pillar, then pushed himself off when a sniper jackal noticed him. The clones followed suit, carefully jumping off the ledge and took cover behind several large rocks.

Cody concentrated his blaster rifle on a strange bird like creature that carried an energy gauntlet. He fired off two into the shield, the force making the jackal loosen its grip. Ford fired off another hit into the jackal's chest, burning it's armor and flesh with a solid kill.

Two grunts charged into the fray, firing their small pistols randomly, not sure who to hit first. Their efforts were feeble, however, when a droideka rolled up from behind the pylon, activated it's shield and gunned the two grunts down quickly.

"The pylon is above us, head to the tower, LET THE BASTARDS KILL EACH OTHER." Cortana said in her distorted voice, causing Chief's HUD to flicker.

Chief didn't say anything in response, only stopping to give the clones cover fire before they all retreated to the tower.

"Get your shebs moving troopers, those aliens are getting close!" Cody yelled.

The clones all rushed forward, until a clone took a beam rifle shot to the neck, killing him in an instant.

"Sniper!" Boil yelled, diving for cover behind a wall. His white and orange armor now covered in black dirt.

Chief fired off several bursts into where the sniper rested killing it. He saw the battle had turned into the Covenant's favor, an elite with a fuel rod cannon killed the last droideka with a ball of green plasma, turning the droid into a sizzling piece of scrap metal.

More grunts marched forward, the now outnumbered droids hardly stood a chance when more Covenant soldiers made it into the clearing. The battle was clearly in the Covenant's favor.

"Let's move, lay some explosives." Chief ordered. "It'll slow them down."

"Copy that." Waxer said with a smirk, laying a thermal detonator on the wall of the entrance to the tower.

After several grenades were placed, the Chief lead the clones forward, listening to the slowly dying sound of plasma fire.

The few battle droids that kept fighting were soon killed, unable to stop the superior Covenant force.

After a minute of running, the team soon found themselves on top the tower, after climbing multiple sets of stairs. A light bridge activated on Chief's approach, and they continued on until they found an elevator. Chief followed his NAV point Cortana laid for him and walked into the elevator shaft, followed by the clones.

Chief tapped the only button in the shaft, which quickly sent the team up several building stories high, where they could closely see Requiem's dark clouds that covered the sky. The elevator stopped, then opened, and they found their target.

The object before them was giving off a massive beam of blue energy into the sky, blinding the group enough to where they couldn't see how far it went.

"That's the beam control!" Cortana lit up a NAV point onto a small console in front of the beam.

Chief walked up to the control, looked in it for a moment, then figured out what he needed to do. He reached in, and began to slowly pull out what had made the beam run.

"Its working, I'm intercepting all sorts of radio frequencies and signals all over, its all clearing up." Cortana read a weak signal on Chief's HUD, trying to make out what the person on the other end was saying.

Chief twisted the handle so that the transponder would be upside down, and slammed it back into the console, deactivating the beam emitter.

"Something is outside the planet, not sure what. But the signal is getting stronger. We've got to disable the other beam, then we can find out who's out there." A portal activated just behind the now deactivated beam emitter.

Chief and the clones ran into the portal, blinding light covered them just like before, and in a mere second they appeared in a nearly identical cave-like structure made of forerunner alloy.

"Here we go again." Boil muttered, barely heard by the clones next to him.

Orbit Of Requiem
Venator Star Destroyer
The Resolute

"Sir, we're getting a signal from the planet." A clone deck officer saluted to the Jedi General that stood calmly at the bridge.

Anakin Skywalker took a deep breath after staring intently at the massive metal planet before him, and turned to the clone.

"Can we identify it?" He asked, hopeful to hear of his Master and friend, Obi Wan Kenobi. For days, Obi Wan had been gone, presumed dead, until Anakin led a small search mission and discovered a trail Obi Wan left behind.

"Not sure. We may need to get closer to the planet."

Anakin looked back to the strange planet in front of them, then nodded, saying, "Move in as close as we can. We have to find them."