⒮⒦⒤⒯

"ɪᴛ ᴡᴀs ᴀʟʟ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ ᴀ sᴋɪᴛ; ᴀ ғᴏᴜʟ ᴘʟᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ᴅɪᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ„

---

it was now nighttime, and yoongi wasn't asleep yet, having to finish the final verses he needed for their new song.

he sighed as he scrolled down to find the other lines he needed to edit and someone knocked on the door.

"the door is open," yoongi said, and he heard the door swing open.

"why aren't you asleep yet?" someone asked, and he knew exactly who it was, judging by the tone and voice.

"i need to finish these first," yoongi replied, typing on the keyboard, not even looking back to see him.

agust sighed at yoongi, "yoongi, you need to sleep. you can finish the last lyrics tomorrow."

yoongi looked back to see the blonde's worried eyes. he shook his head, "no, i really need to finish this. manager-nim said that i need to finish this today."

the other stood beside him and checked the lyrics he had written, smiling, "these lyrics are good," he said, "but can i suggest just a small edit on this sentence here?"

he motioned towards the small detail and smiled slightly, "ah, you're right," he said, editing that small mistake on the sentence, "there, better?"

he nodded and sat beside him, "yeah, it's pretty good, but you should really sleep. isn't it ironic that you like sleeping but never sleep early once you work on the lyrics?" he pointed out, minimizing the programs and looking at yoongi.

yoongi sighed once more, "i know that, but i really need to finish it."

the latter shook his head and held yoongi's hand and drags him to the room he shared with jin, but jin was sleeping on namjoon's room, which was convenient for the blonde.

agust drags him in the room and locks the door and pins him on it.

"why the hell are you so damn stubborn, yoongi? i'm just telling you to fucking sleep but you're like this," agust says, slightly yelling at the black-haired man.

"then why the hell are you fucking disturbing me while i'm working? you know that i hate being disturbed while doing something," yoongi fired back, almost yelling at him, trying to push him away, but he just got closer.

"yah, i was just worried! don't you know that whenever i think of you, i wonder if you were okay? if you were safe?" he says, tears forming his eyes, his voice broken, "i know it's ridiculous, but once you see me, you remember the moment i met you when you were a child..right?"

yoongi widens his eyes. he was right. he had indeed met a boy like him when he was a child. around the time where i was alone.

yoongi was crying on his room, hearing the argument between his mother and father. he hated it when it was like this. he was nine back then — a time where he was a adolescent, stuck between childhood and adulthood.

"are you alright?" a voice asked him, the voice sweet and gentle. it was his own exact voice.

he sniffled, "n-no..m-my parents are arguing again..a-and.." he broke into sobs, his tears falling at his cheeks.

the voice stepped forward, and he looked exactly like him; having the same hair and eyes and everything else.

yoongi looked up to him, "w-who are you?"

the young boy simply smiled, "call me whatever you want, yoongi. i'm okay with it," he said, brushing his tears away.

"c-can i call you hyung?" he sniffled, looking up to him, his black eyes misty from tears. the boy smiled once more, nodding, "like i said, i'm okay with it."

the boy chuckled, "hyung is much more better, but remember, i'm your friend, yoongi. you're not alone," the boy was speaking with such maturity, and with such a hint of his youth, too. 

"a-a friend?"

yoongi almost tears up, his chest tightening, his heart beating faster.

"y-yes..that's the only thing i remember that was related to you..." yoongi replied, nodding at him.

his tears didn't stop, and finally, he said, "your parents had a fight that they, right? what was the fight about?"

surprised at the sudden question, he tries to remember what the fight was about.

"i think it was a fight..about.."

"about you and your brother, isn't it?"

yoongi nodded, looking down. agust sobs quietly and hugs yoongi tightly.

even if yoongi didn't know him for a long time, he knew that agust was right.

he did meet him when he was a child.