three

"Oh, hello Dan. This visit is unexpected, I don't have any food to offer you. I'm sorry dear." Mrs Lester says upon opening the door. I had decided to retrace my steps, which is why I'm at Mrs lesters house.

I didn't tell her I was coming, because I hardly knew I was coming until my feet brought me here. Whenever I come she always had some dessert to offer me, but I don't mind that she didn't this time.

"Its no problem, really. I'm sorry for making such a sudden apperance." I apologize, as she gestures me inside to her dining table.

"You're always welcome here, dear. You know that. But to what do i own this pleasure?" I cringe at how formal she sounds. She used to talk to me so casually when Phil was alive. So much changed though.

"I seemed to have lost something, the other day when I was here. I'm retracing my steps from that day to see if I might find it." I inform her. She pours us both tea and sits down across from me.

"What is it that you lost?" She asks. I knew I couldn't tell her the truth, so I racked my brain quickly for a lie.

"Nothing too important, just my cell phone." I say and glance around the room.

"Not important? Most kids love their phones. Anyways, I haven't seen it here. Sorry." She says, sipping her tea. Though my tea was untouched, I pushed it away and stood up.

"Alright, sorry to bother you then. I can just be on my way. I should find it before it's dark." I say, putting on my jacket.

"Okay dear, good luck, and stay safe!" She called out the door, as I had already left.

Next, I had headed back home.

--------------------------
Ugh, summer is so boring! I have nothing to do!

I swear, without my stories, I would lose my mind. How do you guys pass time in the summer?

Love you! Bye!

~Madi