twenty one

You know that feeling where you feel like your in a dream but you're actually awake? That's the feels I get after diving into the pond. Time seems to stop, and go all the more faster. It's like hours pass in seconds, and yet no time passes at all.

And usually, after the travel is over, all wake up just on the shore of the pond. Sand in my hair, grass on my jeans, and water on my clothes. But this time was different.

My eyes opened to the harsh sun on my face, but I wasn't on the shore of the pond, I was laying in the grass near the rusty old park Phil and I used to love.

"When I'm older do you think I could be a real prince?" I hear Phil's voice next to me. It sounds higher, younger. I look over and see a seven year old Phil next to me. Phil trying to go through the pond must have brought us back here. Does he remember anything?

"Uh, what?" I ask in shock.

"Do you think?" He repeated.

"Absolutly." I respond, still confused. I realized this could be a second chance.

We laugh fondly together for a while, laying back in the grass around the playground watching the clouds go by.

"I think growing up with you will be loads of fun. We can live together when we are older. You can be a prince too!" He blurted suddenly with excitement in his voice.

"I'd love that" I say,  smiling at his idea.

We sit in silence for a while longer before a smirk crosses my face. Phil is paying attention to the sky again, so I use this as an opportunity. I quickly poke his rib cage and stand up fast.

"Tag!" I yell, as he's still trying to get up.

"No fair, you meanie!" He says, running after me.

Phil is a little faster then I am, so I use my lead to get away. I run past the play structure into the near by woods. We aren't really supposed to go in there, but I did, and sure enough, Phil followed.

He was quickly gaining on me, and I couldn't let him tag me now. A small pond was quickly gaining on me and so I came up with a great idea.

Before I reached the dock, my head filled with the memory of Phil dying, which had escaped me for a moment.  My feet stopped me dead in my tracks before my brain even knew what was happening.

Phil, having not seen my sudden stop coming, ran straight into me, knocking us both to the ground. I giggle with nervous relief, and Phil laughs confused as to why I stopped.

His seven year old mind quickly forgets the confusion and just informs me that I'm it. As he takes off running back to the playground, I sit on the wooded floor and smile to myself.

He's still alive.

------------------------
Hello!

Long and important chapter today. This is the end of the story, however there will be an epilogue next week! I'm happy with how it ended :)

Love you! Bye!

~Ada