eight

Finding Phil was the easy part. The hard part was working up the courage to knock on his door. What was I going to say "hey sorry I'm back, I know I just saw you but I missed you"?

And what if he doesn't remember me! What do I say then. How will I know if he remembers or not. If he doesn't how will I get him to remember.

My thinking is cut off my Phil opening the door. He must have seen me outside, because I hadn't knocked yet.

"Can I help you?" He asked, the door hardly open enough for him to fit through.

"Yeah, hi. I was wondering if you wanted to go for a walk with me?" I asked, paniced. He doesn't remember.

"I'm sorry, but who are you?" He closed the door slightly, and I worried that I came on too strong.

"Um, I'm your new neighbor. I wanted to make friends. My name is Dan." I congratulate myself silently for thinking on my feet. Phil seems to buy the lie I told, and opens the door a bit more, suddenly looking much more friendly.

"Dan?" He says quietly, as if to analyze my name, "I'm Phil, and sure I'll walk with you, let me grab me shoes. Stay here."

He disappears behind his door, presumably to grab his shoes. Now, how do I get him to remember?

-------------------------
Ooh Dan and Phil are back together again!

I love how this story is going

Love you! Bye!

~Madi