Pregnancy Series || #1 finding out

A/N: As you probably already guessed from the title i decided to write the pregnancy series. I already wrote a couple of the imagines and I'm loving it. Hope you guys enjoy this series as much as I do, please leave me some comments to let me know! Thank you so much!! I love you xx

You couldn't really tell what was wrong. You hadn't been feeling yourself lately. You hated this feeling especially during this time of the year. It was almost Christmas and you loved the season. Everything was so cosy and calm, you didn't have to worry about anything. You'd just finished all your exams at uni and Shawn, your boyfriend of three years, was finally back home from tour. 

You two lived in an apartment in Toronto together and you loved the time you got to spend with each other. But lately you could barely enjoy it. You felt tired most of the time and for some odd reason you couldn't stop eating sometimes. And when you woke up in the morning you felt sick because of everything you'd pushed down your throat the day before. You didn't really want to tell Shawn about your worries though. He was very protective over you and you didn't want to bother him. He was supposed to enjoy his time off. So instead you called your best friend. 

After explaining your concerns she went silent. "Y/b/f?" you questioned, wondering whether she was still there. 

"Oh honey" she called out, her voice sympathetically. You furrowed your eyebrows. Did she know what was wrong with you? "Did you and Shawn... I mean lately, did you ever not use protection?" she asked carefully. Now you were fully confused. What did your sex life suddenly have to do with the topic? 

"What do you... oh" you stopped as sudden realization hit you. "You know what y/n. I'm coming over. I'll get you some stuff from the pharmacy and I'll be there in about twenty minutes." With that she hung up, and you were left on your own. Sitting on the couch of the apartment, staring at the huge Christmas tree next to you. Could this be possible? It felt like hours later that your friend knocked on your door. You let her in and she immediately pulled you into a big hug. 

"I've bought a pregnancy test. You need to take this in the morning." You grabbed it and quickly hid it in your hand bag. You figured Shawn wouldn't search for anything in there. Then the two of you sat down on the couch. You talked for hours about the possibility of you being pregnant. Luckily Shawn went out with some of his friends tonight, so you had some time to yourselves.

 "Please, don't worry too much about everything. Maybe you aren't pregnant, okay? Wait until you took the test, and then call me. I'm always there for you." "Thank you" you smiled tiredly at y/b/f before she pulled you in another hug and left. 

You quickly went to bed in hope of falling asleep rather fast so you wouldn't have to think about the whole situation anymore. When you woke up the next morning you felt Shawn's arms wrapped around you. You smiled, breathing in his scent. You felt so safe in his arms. You gently removed them from your body and carefully got out of bed, trying not to wake him up.

 You tiptoed out of the room and grabbed the pregnancy test from your hand bag and headed to the toilet. You did as the constructions told you to and waited. You sat down on the edge of the tub, the test lying next to you. As you figured enough time had passed you reached out for it, your hand trembling. You took in a sharp breath, closing your eyes. You were scared. 

Not because you didn't want a baby. Shawn and you were both 21, it wasn't absolutely inconsiderable for the two of you to start a family. And obviously you'd talked about having kids before. Both of you wanted to have a baby. You knew Shawn was excited to become a dad eventually. 

But you never considered to have a baby this early. What if he suddenly changed his mind? What if he didn't want to be bothered with the responsibility? His career was doing better than ever. He had just released his new album. You didn't want to ruin his life.

You sat up straight, breathing in and out, trying to calm yourself down. Quickly you opened your eyes. You gasped as you saw the result. Pregnant. You were pregnant.