Home. Friends. Memories

Tangurple paused before the steps. "I wonder where they would be."

"Falcher is one of your numerous friends?"

"Aye. He was the first actually. He may be old but he's good."

Dailin broke out into laughter which caused Tangurple to look at her with a raised brow. Then the realization hit and he sighed heavily and shook his head. "What was not what I meant."

"Uh-huh. Sure."

"He's a good fighter. He's actually a father in the real world. Or was at least."

"Was?"

"Things happened. I'll let him explain it." Tangurple looked out at the landscape of ruins. Smokestacks bellowed from quenched flames buried underneath mounds of rubble. Some place had been rebuilt to house the NPC shops and that's where most of the crowds had gathered.

"If I was on my own, I'd go to the tavern."

"Beer? Of course. Fathers love beer." Tangurple rushed down the stairs and Dailin casually followed. When he reached the bottom, he took off running down the street and into the crowd of people. Dailin rolled her eyes playfully and picked up her pace.

Inside the Tavern, Falcher was sitting at a table talking to Mia. Tangurple saw them from the doorway and ran over. "Guys!"

"Tang!" Mia smiled and tilted her head to one side. "Where've you been?"

"Once I woke up, I was rekindling with an old friend."

"Old friend? Coolness. Who are they?"

Dailin walked through the doors at that moment which caused everyone in the whole tavern to start cheering and singing praises. She glanced around the room eyeing each one of the overly cheery strangers. Even after two weeks she still wasn't used to the attention. She caught Tangurple in her vision and walked on over. She held her helmet at her side and nodded to Falcher and Mia. "These are your friends?"

"Aye. Dailin, This is Falcher" He gestured to the black man. "And this is Mia." He placed his hand on her head.

"Don't tell me you've been flirting again."

"What?! No!" Tangurple's face turned pink. "No she's-"

"Don't worry about it. She's a friend. I get it."

Mia looked up at Tangurple. "You're friends with the Guardian's leader"

"Apparently so." He replied.

"I take it you two are a thing?"

Falcher asked.

Dailin shook her head. "No, not really."

"It's a probability. I have no complaints about the idea."

Falcher rolled his eyes letting out a small laugh. "Anyways. Who's thirsty?"

"I could use a drink."

"What kind of drink?" Mia asked.

"They call it beer but it's just flavored water. Ricker has obviously never tried a real drink" Falcher said grinning. "Nevertheless, it ends that phantom craving for a drink"

"I'll pass," Dailin said, shaking her head.

"I'll be back in a moment," Falcher said, standing up from his seat and walking off towards the bar.

The tavern was coming alive with the chitter chatter of players as more and more came through the doors. Every table was crowded and coated in spilled beer and empty glasses. Some people pretended to be drunk and put on quite a show. One of the assassins in the room, judged by the carrying of leather armor and a bow, was a bard as his sub-class. Sub-classes came in at Rank 15 and came with their own set of special stats. He stood atop a table unsheathed a fiddle (violin) and began to play.