Frost Trolls

As December progressed closer to the famous holiday of Christmas, the people of Uskor once again, changed their decor. Snow fell into the thriving city and coated the rooftops in glistening white solidified water. Most of the NPCs spent their days indoors huddled around the fireplaces for warmth. Some players however traveled outside.

Tangurple and Night, along with their frost immunity necklaces, skipped about in the freshly fallen snow, leaving behind footprints and treads as they trudged through the deep snow. One of the local villagers was looking for some frost troll meat and Tangurple happily obliged. Night, although reluctant to test the ability of an odd charm necklace, tagged along with him. With her staff strapped to her back, she folded her arms into the folds of her mages robes.

Tangurple jumped and frolicked about in the snow. "Oh god, how I missed it. Y'know, Night, I used to hate the snow because of all the chores that came along with it but now I finally get to enjoy the frozen world." He talked rather fast and with a childlike sense of glee.

Night stared at him, appearing cold as she bundled herself up more and more. "You know I don't like being cold."

"Night, you're not cold, you can't be. These necklaces won't allow you to be cold."

She glared at him. "Then how am I cold right now?"

Tangurple stopped dead in his tracks, "Because you think you are and thus you are. Believe yourself to be warm and warm you shall be. This game relies on our brains responses, if we trick our brains into thinking this is warm like Hawaii, then it'll be warm."

Night closed her eyes and muttered to herself, "I am warm, I am warm. Warm like a mid-summer day." she looked up at him. "It's not working."

Tangurple rolled his eyes and laughed. He walked up to her and placed his hands on her shoulders. "Do you trust me?"

She blinked rapidly for a moment, questioning what he meant. "Uh...?"

"Do you?" He asked again.

"Yes...?"

He nodded and hugged her. He wrapped his arms around her almost constricting, then forced themselves into the snow. A gust of cold wind blew over without touching them. They sank into the deep snow and became protected from the cold winds by the walls of snow they created. He pushed himself off of her and rolled to one side, packing down some more snow. While the walls of this makeshift crevice were only a foot tall, it kept them warm.

She turned to him and smiled widely. They clasped hands and locked their fingers together.

Tangurple mumbled something incoherent but loud enough for Night to catch on.

"Hmm?" she hummed.

"Oddly enough, I feel more at home here than I ever did in the real world," he began. "Normally, I wouldn't say such things to Falcher or Dailin even or even mention it at all. I've grown fond of this prison, to say the least."