Chapter 1

I walked in, slamming the front door shut and flopping down onto the sofa. What a day. It felt like it had been the longest day ever at work and even though I loved it there, I'm so glad to be home and have a couple of days off, even though I had to go and see some band that my best friend Becci was mad about. I picked up my phone and looked at the time 6.35pm. Becci was stopping over the night since it had better access to town for tomorrow, so I just had time to have a quick scoot around and tidy up before she arrived. I'd just positioned the last cushion on the sofa when there was a knock at the door. Time for squealing. As soon as I opened the door someone came barging past me, throwing their bag on the floor and jumping up and door before squeezing me tightly.

'OOOOOOOOH [YOUR NAME]! I'M SO EXCITED!!!' Becci screamed before finally letting go.

'Haha. Me too' I replied sarcastically before walking into the kitchen and flicking the kettle on.

'Err, scuse me Miss. There's no time for tea. We need to find you an outfit' was all I heard before being dragged along into my bedroom. A few dresses later and we were finally sorted. I spun around, making my dress twirl as I watched in the mirror before squealing a little.

'Hey! I'm pretty excited now too!'

*The next day*

'So, who is it we're going to see again?' As I asked Becci as we sat down on the bus.

'What? Please tell me you've just forgotten their name... I hope you've listened to them like I told you too!'

She was full on in love with this band, and although she talked about them 24/7, I still didn't know their name... Nor had I ever listened to them... I don't think I'd ever seen a picture.

'Shhh, I'm waiting till tonight before I listen to them, it'll make more of an impact won't it'

I said jokily as I gently elbowed her. It wasn't long before we got off at out bus stop, Becci wanted to try and meet whoever we were seeing before their show, so it meant arriving extra early to stand around in the cold all day. First we walked over to the theatre and they were only just unloading the set, so thinking that there wouldn't be any sign of a band member for a few hours at least, we decided to walk over to Starbucks and warm ourselves up. Half an hour or so later we were just finishing off our drinks when Becci suddenly changed conversation and started yapping about some commotion that was going off on twitter. She must have seen something important because she told me to be ready when she got back before dashing off to the toilet. I decided to go and get another cheeky coffee as it was freezing outside and it wasn't even 3pm yet so we still had a long while to go. I knew Becci told me to be quick but there was only one person in the queue, so I went and stood behind him, hoping that he wouldn't mess around too much.

'I'll have a cappuccino please' I overheard him say. Ahh. Easy one to make that, so they shouldn't be too long, hopefully there'll be a queue to use the toilets so I'll be done before Becci's back. I was lost in thought when I suddenly noticed some movement.

'Oh no, it's happened again' the fellow in front exclaimed before turning round, viciously and nearly spilling his drink all over me. I looked to see what the culprit looked like, and that's when I felt something that I hadn't felt for a while.