//1//

"Oh come on, Kara. Let's not act like the hottest member of NSYNC isn't Justin," Lena grinned at Kara as they walked down the busy streets of inner National City, coffees in hand.

It was Kara's lunch break and Lena had decided that the two should go to the new, and expensive, coffee shop down on 6th.

"I don't know. I think I'm more of a Chris girl, you know?" Kara smiled.
"I should've seen that coming. You have a peculiar taste in men, Kara." Lena cocked her brow at the blonde for a moment, then her face softened and she giggled.

Kara couldn't help but stare at the CEO when she did so. Her bright smile lit up her whole face and the small wrinkles around her eyes made her look absolutely adorable. Her dark hair fell perfectly on her shoulders and as she turned to give Kara a soft look, her cinnamon-y scent met the blonde's nose. Kara could feel warmth building up in her cheeks on this otherwise cold November day.

"Is there something on my face? You're staring." Lena questioned with furrowed brows. She placed a soft finger on her lips and let it slide over her mouth.

Kara gulped at the motion,"Oh no, I'm sorry. I just think you look really beautiful right now," she almost whispered. Lena grew confused, and a slight blush crept up on her. Kara almost immediately regretted what she had said. That was definitely too forward. "I mean - not that you don't always look beautiful. I mean - that's weird for me to say. I'm sorry," Kara fumbled with the words as she tried to apologize.

Lena sported a gentle lip bite, then let it fade into a slight smile. She stopped in her tracks and took Kara's hand, lightly pulling her closer. "Don't be embarrassed, Kara. I'm flattered. Remember, we're best friends. We can be weird, it's ok," she smiled.

Kara let out a mild sigh and smiled when she met Lena's gaze. "You're right."
Lena continued walking, not letting go of Kara's hand.

"I think you look really beautiful too, by the way."

Kara thought back on yesterday's coffee date with a dreamy expression and rosy cheeks. Her whole stomach had flipped when Lena said those words. Kara didn't know how to describe the feeling. It was almost as if you'd been walking up the stairs and you thought there was another step. Like that moment when your foot slips, but times a hundred. Kara's heart fluttered at the thought of Lena possibly returning the feelings that Kara had kept bottled up for weeks. The reporter never had the guts to question Lena's sexuality. She didn't want it to be obvious that she was trying to check if she had a chance with the CEO. Kara was gonna ask today, though. She couldn't wait any longer.

"So nervous," Kara muttered as she looked up at the huge building in front of her. L-Corp Headquarters. She sighed and entered the building, taking the elevator to the top-floor. When she stepped out of it again she immediately saw Jess.

"Hi, Jess. Good to see you again! I'm so sorry to come unannounced. It was kind of an on-the-go decision to come here. Can I go talk to Lena?" Kara asked, rubbing her hands and fidgeting with her glasses. She really hated feeling like a bother.

Jess glanced down at her computer screen for a couple of seconds, then her eyes met Kara's once more. "No worries, Kara. You can go see her now, sure."

Kara gave Jess a grateful smile, then turned around to face the huge, intimidating, metal doors. She quickly flattened out her skirt and readjusted her glasses, before pulling down the handle. Kara made sure to be gentle. She didn't want to scare Lena with a sudden and loud entrance. She must've been too gentle, though, because Lena didn't notice her.

Kara let herself admire the woman sitting in front of her for a moment. She was wearing a silky, emerald green shirt with a dangerously low v-cut, a black pair of extremely formfitting pants, and a pair of shiny, black pumps. Lena's hair was once again falling softly onto her shoulders and the woman looked ethereal.

Kara let out a shaky breath and moved forward, "Hi," she said in a low voice.
Lena looked up from her computer screen and a smile quickly spread across her face, "Kara! What brings you here?"
Kara's heartbeat sped up as soon as Lena had flashed that wonderful smile of hers. The blonde had a hard time keeping it together. "I was wondering if you had time to go get coffee? My treat." Kara's voice was a mix of hopefulness and a lot of overthinking.

Lena just hummed happily and quickly got up from her chair. She grabbed her coat and phone, then she locked arms with Kara and started walking out of the office. Kara chuckled, "I take that as a yes," she managed to get out between giggles.