//4//

"So, what's the emergency?" Alex asked as she entered her sisters apartment. Kara chuckled, then she gestured toward the tower of blankets on the couch, the 2 pepperoni pizzas on the coffee-table and, the Netflix loading logo on the tv screen.

Alex took off her jacket as she furrowed her brows in confusion,"What's all this? Sister night is two days from now, Kara. Wait, what did you do?"

"I didn't do anything, I swear. I just wanted to hang out with you - have a talk," Kara explained as she walked to the couch and got comfortable. "You can decide what we watch, if you want," she said, and held the remote out to her sister with a smile.

Alex squinted her eyes at Kara and just stood for a bit. Then she sighed and grabbed the remote, settling next to her on the couch.

After a while, Alex turned off the TV.

Kara turned to face towards her sister, who sported an unimpressed look on her face. "Why'd you do that?" she asked.

"Look, this is nice and all, but you've been fidgeting with your hands for 10 minutes now and earlier you mentioned 'a talk'? Plus, you randomly bought me pizza and let me choose what to watch for the first time in, I don't know, forever? What's up?" Alex said, softening at the last bit.

Kara looked down at her hands. "I need to ask you a really big favor," she said quietly.
Alex scooted closer and rubbed Kara's arm. "You know I'll do anything," she said in a reassuring tone.
Kara met her sister's gaze and gave her a thankful smile. "Okay so, you know that Lena and I are really close right?"
"Yeah, everyone does. You won't shut up about her," Alex teased.
"W-well, I wanna tell her."
"Tell her what exactly?"
"You know," Kara said, voice getting quieter.
"That you like her? Finally! But, why do you need my help for that?" Alex's face was pure confusion.
"N-no! Not that!" Kara flushed bright red and covered her face with her hands.
Alex laughed,"What then?"
Kara looked up at her sister with a slightly embarrassed smile from earlier, "I want to tell her that I'm Supergirl. I think she deserves to know."

Alex sighed in response. She gave her sister a questioning look but then she just, sort of, gave up. She probably realized that there was really no point in trying to convince Kara, that telling Lena would be a bad idea. Hell, she didn't even know if it really was. Something she did know, though, was that her sister would probably go against the advice of herself and the DEO if they'd deny her permission to.

She also knew that her sister was in love. Deeply.
Alex just prayed that Kara wouldn't get her heart broken.

"Do you trust her?"
"Yes. Fully."
"Tell her, then. I'll deal with J'onn, don't worry."

Kara immediately beamed with thanks and she threw herself at her sister, embracing her, in a warm loving hug.
"Thank you," she whispered.

Obviously all of Kara's anxieties about Lena and herself hadn't gone away but, this had certainly helped lift a bit of the stress. Maybe being honest with Lena was the first step. Maybe then Kara could take down Lillian and her grunts, making Lena's life a whole lot easier. Kara would confess to her and then, well then, they'd kiss, and hug, and laugh. They'd be happy. Kara would make Lena happy, and she'd get to look at, and be the cause of her perfect smile every day.

The thought made ever single ounce of Kara's being jitter with absolute excitement. She couldn't wait.

A/N: Thank you so much for all the support on the first few chapters! I really, genuinely, appreciate it. I hope you'll keep reading and that I won't disappoint you!