t w o

• ❁ •

It was around eight in the evening. I had locked myself in my room and spent the last two hours wrestling on my report that was due by the end of the week which means I only have two days to finish it otherwise I'll fail this subject.

I sighed frustratingly, messing up my hair in the process. Of all days, why did I have to suffer a mental block today? I felt so dissatisfied with my work that I clicked the backspace key so much to the point where I think I broke it.

Putting on a pair of earpiece, I began searching for classical music since I read somewhere it boosts creativeness and helps you concentrate more. Although I wasn't a big fan of classical music, I still listened to it with the hopes of the melody might inspire my dry brain. But it didn't work out for me.

I pulled out my earpiece and massaged my painful temples. My eyes were starting to sting as well from staring at the screen for a long time, so I closed it and decided to get some shut eye for a while when I heard a soft knock on my door.

Lazily, I stood up and shuffled towards the door and opened it. Daniel's smiling face greeted me.

"Danri! Wait, why do you look like that?" His face fell upon seeing my current state.

"Do I look that bad?"

"You look so pale!" He said worriedly, setting both of his hands of my cheek. "Are you sick?"

"I'm fine," I playfully rolled my eyes, slapping his hands away . "You're overreacting Daniel."

He puffed his cheeks as he let out a relieved sigh. I couldn't help but to find his distressed state so adorable.

"I was worried, okay?" He said in a concerned tone. "You easily get sick,"

I shook my head whilst laughing. He nags more than my mom to be honest.

"What were you even doing anyways? Why do you look so tired?"

"I did my report. Well, I tried to do it but I'm having a mental block," I explained to him.

"Isn't the deadline for that is by the end of the week? Why are you stressing over it now?"

"Because I want to finish it earlier. The early, the better."

"Right. I forgot what a nerd you are Kim Danri," he teased with a grin.

I scowled at him and stuck my tongue out like a kid. He laughed at my childish counterattack and shook his head.

"Why did you knock by the way?" I asked.

"Oh right. Dinner's ready!" He informed cheerfully. "Let's go and eat!"

That completely slipped off my mind. I was so immersed on my work that I forgot it was already past my dinner time. I didn't even feel hungry. I was just exhausted and drained.

"I'm not hungry," I smiled apologetically at him. "I think I'll have to skip dinner tonight."

"Oh no, you won't," He disagreed with a frown. "You can't skip dinner. That's really bad for your health."