t w e l v e

• ❁ •

Okay, I admit. High school wasn't exactly memorable for me. Though, there were pleasant moments that I truly kept in my heart but there were also unpleasant ones that I wished I could forget.

However, this piece of memory was somewhere in between. It wasn't good but not bad, either. To sum it up, it was bittersweet.

Back in high school, I had the biggest crush on the school's famous heart throb, Oh Sehun. He was handsome, popular and kind. The complete polar opposite of me.

But the sad thing was, I was ostracized by my peers, especially the girls. As a result, I had no friends. The only friends I ever had was Daniel and Jisung. I didn't mind, though. They were the best and I felt happy whenever I was with them.

And then I met Sehun.

I was competent with my studies, particularly in Biology. I remember I was the happiest every time I had Bio. It was my favorite subject then and I excelled in it the most.

Sehun and I shared the same class for Bio. He always sat beside Kim Jongin, whom was known around the school as Kai. For some reason, he insisted for everyone to call him by that name. Anyways, one day while waiting for teacher, a girl classmate of mine tormented me again, pulling another sick prank on me.

Eventually, with some help from my Bio teacher and the janitor, I managed to survive that prank but it left a stain on my skirt. I remember it took everything in me not to burst into tears and fall on my knees then and there.

To make things worse, Daniel and Jisung were away nowhere to be found. They had this huge school competition in Jeju that time so I was all alone. I felt downhearted and allowed the tears to spill.

"Here. Use this first." Sehun handed me his jacket. I looked at him confusedly but my vision was blurry from the tears. "There's a stain on your skirt." He said.

I remember blushing amidst my predicament. He looked away as I timidly wrapped his jacked at my waist. I was embarrassed but more than that, I was shocked. Why would he approach and talk to a nobody like me?

"Thank you." was all I could say.

And that's when everything started.

The next day, I returned the jacket to him and he was so kind and friendly towards me. He asked if I was okay and I couldn't stop myself from blushing. He noticed this and laughed. Why did he have to be so good-looking?

On the same day, Daniel and Jisung returned from their trip but I never told them about the super glue incident. I didn't want anymore trouble.

Coincidentally, Kai was absent that day, leaving Sehun all by himself at Bio. Then, the unthinkable happened. He sat beside me and I swear, my eyes nearly fell off their socket. Sehun, the popular kid, sits beside the loner slash outsider Danri, whom everyone avoids?

For the first time, I didn't feel calm even though I was in Bio class. I was always calm every time I had Bio. Always. But when Sehun showed up and decided to sit with me, I wasn't able to think properly. It was hard to even focus at the topic!

"Hey, I never got your name." I jumped when he appeared beside me. Noticing my startled appearance, he asked, "Whoa, did I scare you?"

I nodded my head, my heart started to beat faster than usual but I ignored it.

"Oh, sorry." He apologized. "My name is Sehun. What's yours?"

I stared at him. I wondered if this was another prank or joke the students are playing on me for their entertainment. But something in my head spoke and told me, it wasn't.