f o u r

• ❁ •

"Okay but how come you're the only one in our class who didn't receive the message from Hyeju?" Chaeyoung asked in confusion as she scrolled through my phone messages.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Maybe she sent it late?"

She gave me a look as if to say are-you-kidding-me. She shakes her head and pursed her lips. "Something's not right here. I smell something fishy,"

"Don't jump into conclusions," I said cautiously knowing that Chaeyoung is the type to overthink a lot of stuff.

Honestly, it wasn't a big deal that Hyeju forgotten to tell me. Maybe it was mistake or it must have slipped her mind. Either way, I decided to just drop it. Earlier, before I existed the class, Hyeju came up to me and said sorry for not informing me beforehand. She seemed sincere with her apology so I forgave her. Apparently, Chaeyoung saw this and began scolding me for saying so.

"I'm jumping, I've jumped and I've landed," she insisted, furrowing her eyebrows.

I shook my head at the thought and brushed it off instead. While Chaeyoung was busy in her own little world, I rummaged through my backpack, searching for purse since my throat was very dry when Minhyun's yellow handkerchief appeared before my eyes.

I should return this to him. But after I wash it, of course.

That was really kind of him to offer his handkerchief to me. And I was thankful.

Maybe he's not that cold, after all.

"Hey, did you already finish that homework for Literature due next week?" Chaeyoung lightly nudged my sides, snapping me out of my trance.

I nodded, "Yep, that's what I've been doing this whole time." I turned my laptop to her direction and she gawked at me.

"You're such a nerd, Kim Danri."

I rolled my eyes, "I've heard that a lot of times."

"Can you help me?" she asked cutely. "I seriously have no idea how to start mine,"

"Yeah sure," I smiled sweetly. "We can do yours together."

"You're a lifesaver!" She gave me a side hug.

I chuckled at her childishness. Chaeyoung may come off strong personality-wise but she has a cute side that she keeps from everyone else.

"I'll just get something in the vending machine," I told her, standing up from my seat. Chaeyoung didn't say anything after that, her attention was fixated on my laptop screen as she scribbled on her notebook.

I took that as my cue to leave and stalked off towards the vending machine. When I got my drink, suddenly two large hands appeared from behind me and covered my eyes, blocking my sight.

"Guess who?"

"Hmm, I don't know. Santa Claus?"

He takes his hands off and I turned to around with a cheeky grin on my lips.

"What are you doing here? I thought your class starts at 10?" Daniel inquired, tilting his head. He was wearing his basketball outfit with a slingbag on his shoulder.

"Change of plans," I answered, deciding to tell him about my epic journey this morning some other time. "Are you done with your basketball practice?"

He nods his head. "Yeah, coach cancelled out afternoon so I'm free for the rest of the day. What about you?"

I pouted and sighed, "Two more classes after this,"

He chuckled as he ruffled my hair, "Cheer up, Danri." He flashed his infamous eyesmile. "So, I'll see you at home then?"