| 4 |

Torei watched as Topanga looked at the paper flower on her desk with a smile on her face. She watched as Topanga went to Stuart, asking if he left it for her. She called it a rose, and Stuart said he hadn't.

"Oh," Topanga said, looking at it with admiration as she went back to her seat, but stopping when Stuart started speaking again.

"Actually, it's isn't a rose, it's a camellia. In the language of flowers, a white camellia means perfect loveliness," Stuart said, before looking shy, "At least, that's what I've read."

"Well, the person who left this for me must be a sensitive and caring soul," she stated.

"Is it just me," Cory started, whispering to Shawn and Torei, "Or is blooming among the nerd sets?"

"I don't know," Shawn shook his head. "The only time I ever saw a look like that was just before Bambi's mother caught-"

Torei cut Shawn off, covering his mouth as she said, "Shush. I think it's sweet."

She removed her hand from Shawn's mouth, and he said, "You like stuff like that?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?" she asked.

"I dunno," he shrugged, glancing at Stuart from the corner of his eye.

Mr. Feeny came inside, and everyone took their seats. To Cory, Shawn, Torei, and Mr. Feeny's shock, Eric came in as the guest speaker.

Torei noticed the gazed look in Topanga's eyes when Eric started speaking, but thought nothing of it. If she hadn't known Eric the way she did, she was sure she would give him the same gazed look. He wasn't bad looking at all.

--

"Hey, you guys go ahead, I'll catch up," Shawn told the other two when the bell rang.

"Is everything okay?" Torei asked him, putting her bag on.

"Yeah," he nodded.

Tentatively, Cory and Torei left the classroom, looking back at Shawn as they did, but he didn't leave his seat until they were fully gone.

Stuart was still in the classroom, and he walked over.

"Minkus," he said, taking in a deep breath as what he was about to say was really hard for him. "I need you to teach me how to make those flower things. The camilles."

"You mean the camellia?" asked Stuart.

"Yeah, sure, whatever."

"Why?"

"Because Torei liked 'em," he replied.

"And you want to give her one?" Stuart asked.

"Yeah, why not?"

"Do you like her or something?"

"She's my best friend."

"I meant do you like her the way I like Topanga," Stuart said, his tone as if it should've been obvious.

"I'm eleven," was Shawn's response. "Look, Minkus, can you teach me how to make the camellia or what?"

"I can give you this one," Stuart said, taking a premade camellia from his bag. "For five bucks."

Shawn sighed and rolled his eyes before digging through his pockets, handing Stuart a five dollar bill. Stuart smiled, and handed him the flower.

"Pleasure doing business with you."

Shawn rolled his eyes yet again, opening his bag and putting the paper flower in it, careful not to smoosh it with all of his things.

"Later, nerd," Shawn said, walking out of the classroom with a small smile on his face.