Chapter 2 (Picture of Andrew)

It was finally Friday. 

Here's how my lunch began:

Okay, so when I was getting my food, I forgot to get the bottle of water I paid for. The lunchlady had to chase me down and give it to me. Embarrassing. I ended up eating in my car. Since we just moved to Washington, we had no idea what the weather would be like so it was raining hard. 

After I finished my lunch, the rain was pouring down much harder than it was before. Screw my luck. I got out of my car and suddenly the rain stopped where I was standing. Confused, I looked up. There was an umbrella guarding me from the evil rain drops.

It was Andrew.

"Thank y-" I started but Andrew cut me off. 

"Save it. The bell is about to ring."

I nodded and we rushed inside of the school careful not to get wet by the rain. 

After we parted ways and I thanked him, I went to 4th hour. I didn't realize that I was late or the fact that the hallways weren't packed because of Andrew's dark aura. Then the thought strucked me. Oh god. Andrew.. he was late too! It's all because of me...

I was snapped out of my deep thinking when Mrs. Townson asked me if I got lost. I lied and said yeah. After the day was over, I hurried to my car. Looks like the rain lightened a bit. Just a bit. I was under a tree to hunt for my keys in my bag when I saw Andrew storming out of the school followed suite by Mr. Long.

"Andrew! Stop right there!" Mr. Long has shouted over the rain. The more Andrew walked, the more Mr. Long increased the volume. "Why can't you try to understand?!" Try to get along with Annabell!" At that point, Andrew was halfway to his bike when he stopped and turned around. 

"How can you say that? She is not my mom. She will never be, can't you get that?" He asked in a harsh tone. I saw his face. It was in pain. Even if it was pouring, I saw that his tears were building up and that he's struggling to keep his voice steady. 

"Andrew, I-" 

"Forget it, dad." He continues to walk to his bike. I hurried and started my car. I drove to the bike racks. He looked up at me. 

"Get in." 

************************************************************************************************************

At this point, I just realized how badass I seemed. I felt like Wonder Woman coming in to save the day. But it wasn't as intense as I imagined it to be. I guess it seemed like I kidnapped him.

It was and awkward care ride. I turned on the radio and "Future love" was playing. The rain was still pouring and there was a lot of traffic. I pulled into the parking lot at a diner. We both rushed into the diner and slid into the booth in the back of the room. It took a minute to adjust to the previous events so we just sat there in silence. 

"So.... how are you?" I asked. He looked up at me. He started to say something but he stopped when the waitress, Sam (it said on her nametag), asked us what we'd like. I ordered a coke. She offered a look to Andrew. 

"Can I have some coffee, please?" 

She replied, "Sure thing sweet cheeks." and winked at him smiling. She was like 40. What the heck.. A 40 year old had more game than me. 

"Oh wait!" I started. "Can I have a large tray of fries too?" She nodded and walked away.

"I know you saw what had happened." He looked me dead in the eyes. I gulped.

"Yeah.." I looked down to my hands. I felt him watching me. He sighed.

"It's okay. Hey, can I crash at your place tonight?" I looked up at him. Is he crazy? 

I said, "I don't know.. I mean, I barely unpacked and-"

"Ahh, , nevermind. I'm probably freaking you out since we just met and all. I'll call my uncle to pick me up." He said, cutting me off. I suddenly felt guilty.

"Wait," He looked at me. "Maybe you can sleep on a blow up mattress in the living room. I'll ask my mom." I said. He smiled a little. My heart was acting up. He is so beautiful. But though he smiled, his eyes were full of something else. It made me want to know more about him.. Ugh. This boy.

I called my mom and asked her if he could stay the night. She was going out tonight for an interview and only said yes because my brother was home. I thanked her and hung up. Sam came over with the bill and I paid. Andrew offered to pay but I refused to let him. By the time we left the diner, it was already dark out. 

When I got home, I opened the door and turned bright red. My brother, Johnathan, was in his boxers. He looked up to what he was doing and smiled and waved until he realized that he was half naked. He quickly finished what he was doing and ran to his room. What the? Andrew looked baffled. I apologized as I laughed nervously.

"Make yourself at home." I said. "I'll get the mattress for you." He nodded.

I walked down the hall to my brother's room. "Johnathon. Where does mom keep the blow up mattresses?" I heard a murmur, some shuffling, and then he opened the door.

"Hmmm?"

"Where' are the blow up mattresses?" I asked again.

"It is in the hall closet. Why? Is he staying over?" He asked suspiciously.

"Yeah..." I replied cautiously. 

He gave me a look before saying, "Imma keep him company." Before I could protest, he walked past me into the living room. I sighed.

************************************************************************************************************

After I set up the mattress and after Johnathon pretty much freaked Andrew out, it was about 11. I decided to go to bed after Johnathon gave Andrew some supplies. My brother decided to sleep on the couch incase Andrew tried to make a move on me. Aha.

It was 1 A.M. when I decided that I was thirsty. I got out of bed and I hit my foot on something. I tried my best not to yelp in pain. After the throbbing became numb, I tiptoed to the kitchen being careful not to wake anyone up. They were snoring and it was mostly Johnathon. I shook my head and giggled quietly. 

I got a glass out of the cupboard and filled it with water to the rim before I gulped it down like a wilderbeast. Suddenly, I heard a moan. I stopped dead in my tracks trying not to make any sudden movements.

Then I heard Andrew's voice.

"Looks like you've just seen a ghost." 

I sighed of relief.  "Gosh why are you up?" I asked.

"I was planning to go to your bedroom and seduce you." He said with a straight face. He chuckled when he saw the horror on my face. "I'm kidding. I was just thirsty." It took a lot to resist rolling my eyes. 

"Glasses are in the cupboard above the toaster."  He nodded. I left him filling his cup. 

When I got to my room, I cursed under my breath. He scared the living crap out of me. I crawled into bed and looked at my ceiling. The glow-in-the-dark stars are glowing vibrantly since it just freshly absorbed light. Thoughts zoomed through my mind like a race track. I can't sleep.

I grunted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~