Chapter 6

"Hey Carmen!" I heard someone call my name.

"Hmm?" I took out my earphones and turned around. Trevor was running up to me.

"Hey." He said out of breath.

"Uh, hey. Whats up?"

"I've been looking everywhere for you. I asked around and it seems like nobody knows who you are." He sighed. "Anyways, can we go to math together? I forgot where the class was."

"I like to stay low," I laughed. "and sure." I smiled and gathered my books and papers that were scattered on the library table.

"I can help you with those." He held out his hands.

"No, it's fine. I can handle a few books."

"Aw, c'mon. I insist. Plus, a lovely girl like you shouldn't have to lift a finger." He winked at me.

"Okay, but just one." I laughed at the pouty face he made when I handed him my chemistry book. I rolled my eyes and handed him another book.

"Finally! I feel like a man now!"

"Oh, hush." I said trying not to snicker. "Anyways, lets go."

After a 2 minute conversation about fluffy socks and what not, we arrived to calculus.

"Thanks for, you know. Insisting to hold my books."

"No biggie." Trevor put my books on my desk before sitting in his. "Goodnight." He said before putting his face flat on the desk and immediately falling asleep.

"Goodnight?" I raised my eyebrow at his oddness.

Today, we had a substitute since Mr. Long had to attend a meeting. He told us that while he was gone, it was a great chance for us to make up assignments since it's rare that a teacher, especially in high school, to allow his students to catch up on work. Since I completed all my assignments with a 75% or higher, I had nothing to do in this hour.

When I sat down, I searched the room for Andrew. When I couldn't find him, I felt a wave of depression washing over me. Guess he was ditching this hour since it's useless today. I replugged my earphones into my phone and hit shuffle and laid my head down.

I felt a light tap on my head after about a minute.

"Hey." Andrew said in a hushed voice. He was sitting backwards in his chair facing towards me.

I felt my heart do a somersault. "Hey." I smiled. I stopped my music and realized how quiet it was in the room.

He placed a folded piece of paper on my desk. I looked up at him with questioning eyes. He pointed to it saying that he wanted me to read it.

I unfolded the paper and in the neatest guy handwriting I've ever seen, it read 'You look beautiful today.' I looked up at him and he was trying to hide his blush. I quietly giggled and took out my pencil.

'Thanks. So do you ;)' He read the note and chuckled.

'Do you wanna go anywhere tonight?'

'For what?'

'For a date' He looked at me hopefully.

'How about movie night? I don't like going out much..'

'Sounds good. Wanna go to my place?'

His place? Where he lives? Where he sleeps at night and showers? I'm about to get a nose bleed.

He furrowed his eyebrows. 'You okay? It's fine if you don't wanna go to my place..'

I shook my head. 'No, I wanna go.'

'Okay, sounds great. We'll go after school okay? I promise I won't make any moves on you lol'

'Okay. Anyways, you're so lame Andrew.'

'How so?' He raised an eyebrow at me.

'You're writing me notes when we're in high school.'

'Cool kids never grow up ;)'

I rolled my eyes at the paper while writing my reply. 'Yeah, totally'

He smiled at me and lifted my chin up so my eyes could meet his. When he did that, I just wanted to kiss him but I realized that we were in class. He looked around and made sure everyone was distracted before he planted a quick peck on my lips.

"Oh my gosh, y'all are too cute." Emily, a girl in a few of my classes, whispered.

Andrew and I blushed at the realization of getting caught.

***********************************************************

We drove over to his house. Andrew said that his dad wasn't going to be home since he had dinner plans with his 'lady.' To be honest, I'm pretty nervous. I've never been to a guy's house alone before. Let alone, a boyfriend's house before.

His house was pretty big considering his dad is a teacher. The yard looked like it hasn't been mowed in a few months but the flowers that grew in the flowerbeds were gorgeous. He led me into his house and into his room. The layout of the room was completely different than what I imagined it to be. Well, not like I lay in bed every night imagining what his room looks like or how he folds his fitted sheets or anything. Pshh. That's what freaks do. Psh.

His bed was pushed against a wall and there was a computer desk against the other wall near the foot of his bed. Above his bed was a small window that had a view of what seems to be the side of the house. On the wall parallel to his bed, a flat screen tv was planted above his dresser. Clothes were not scattered everywhere but just hanging.

"Sorry, its a little messy." He picked up a shirt that was on his bed and tossed it in his laundry bin.

"It's fine." I said awkwardly. I've never been in this situation before so my responses are not very natural.

He saw the discomfort on my face and walked over to me. He wrapped his arms around me. "Why do you look so scared?"

"I-I-I'm not scared." I stuttered at his manly scent that was filling my nose. He chucked and I felt his chest vibrate. He kissed my forehead and I looked up to him. "I'm really not going to do anything to you." He said. I nodded.

He sighed. "Tell me if I'm moving too fast here, but.. wanna cuddle?" Shaking his head he said, "I'm just no good at this relationship stuff. I mean, girls like to cuddle, right? Is it weird for me to suggest cuddling? Er, maybe it is. I just though we had time to kill before we watch a movie and -"

"Sure." I interrupted.

Andrew smiled. "Thanks for stopping me from blabbing my mouth off."

"You're so cute." He blushed at my comment.

"Anyways, uhm. Yeah."

Awkward silence.

"So.. How should we initiate operation cuddle?" He said half laughing.

"I guess we like," I stared at his bed for what seemed like 10 minutes before continuing. "uhm, get on your bed and hug.. And stuff."

"Okay." He sat on his bed and patted the spot next to him indicating that I should sit. I awkwardly waddled over and sat next to him.

He chucked. "Dang, this is so weird."

"Tell me about it." I laughed.

He put his arm around my shoulder and I laid my head in the crook of his neck in response. He held my hand with his other hand.

I sighed contently. "This isn't so bad."

He smiled. For the next 3 hours, we talked and talked and talked. Whether it was about everything, nothing, or whatever. We talked about anything that came up.

That is, until we fell asleep.

A/N: okay, this was a really sucky chapter. But I'm still a noob so bare with me please! <3 Awkward ending. Awkward. Awkward. Awkward. (This chapter has not been edited yet so ignore the mistakes.)