Chapter 4

After it started to get dark, Andrew decided to take me back to school so I could get my car. 

"So... See you tomorrow?" He asked nervously.

I chuckled. "No, I'm riding to Narnia tomorrow, obviously." I replied.

He smiled boyishly and looked down to his shoes shaking his head.  After kicking a few rocks, he looked back up to me. "You're something else, Carmen Hontas." 

"Gee, thanks." 

"No, I didn't mean it like that." he said trying to think of another way to say what he meant. I smiled at how his eyebrows furrowed in concentration.  "I just meant that you're different than other people. In a good way!" He added. He seemed nervous for some reason.

"And your point is..?" I asked curiously, raising an eyebrow.

He stepped closer to me. At this point, I can hear his steady breathing. He took my hand and held it in his. "I like you, Carmen."

I froze. He liked me? Why? Did I like him back? I mean, I think he's extremely breath taking and he has this weird effect on me but did I feel the same way about him? Ohgod. Yes, I did. I liked the boy. A lot.

I looked at him and found that he was waiting for my response. "You do?" I asked. 

He nodded. "Yeah, I really do."

"I like you too." I whispered. 

I heard him let out a breath of air and then he pulled me into his chest and wrapped his arms around me. "I thought you were going to reject me. I'm so happy right now."

I smiled and dug my face deeper into his chest inhaling his scent. "Me too." 

************************************************************************************************************

I woke up the next morning and cursed under my breathe.

Was all that a dream? I shook my head. I knew it was too good to be true. 

As I laid there thinking about the events, my mom burst into my room.

"Carmen, wake up!" She exclaimed excitedly.

 "Yes, mom? I'm awake." I opened my eyes to look at her.

"I got great news! I got a promotion!"

"You're kidding me! It hasn't even been a month yet! Why didn't you tell me earlier?" 

"I tried to tell you but you came home late last night from the park, I think?" She started. The park? I thought I went home after school? "Anyways, you mumbled about having Andrew drive you back to school to get your car and-"

I jumped up out of bed and hugged her squealing "OH MY GOSH! MOM! THANK YOU! So it wasn't a dream!" I started to jump up and down.

"Carmen..." she started. "Are you alright? Anything you want to tell me...?" My mom asked seeming a little surprised.

"Yes! I mean no! I'm fine, mom! I'm just really happy!" I continued to squeal.

"What is all this noise about?" said Johnathon entering my room frowning. "It's 5:40 in the morning!"

"Carmen is hiding something from me." My mom said raising an eyebrow at me.

"What is it, sis? Finally found yourself someone to talk to?" Johnathon laughed at his own corny insult. I rolled my eyes. He's 22 for crying out loud.

"No," I said sticking out my tongue at him. "Andrew told me he likes me." I blushed at the memory.

My mom's face lightened up while Johnathon's face was shocked.

"Dead meat." He muttered.

My mom glared at him. "Go back to sleep. You gotta get to work at 8, so go now." She shooed him off. "And Carmen, honey, I'm happy to hear that! Anyways, I'll give you details about the promotion later. I'm going to let you sleep a little more." I nodded and she kissed me on the cheek before she left.

I plopped back onto my bed. I can't believe it.

After getting ready, I drove to school. Today I was wearing khaki colored skinny jeans with a brown belt and a ruffled tank top. It was simple but I feel like it is stylish. [Author's note: The picture of the outfit is on the side for the more visual readers! :)] My heart throbbed at the thought of seeing Andrew again.

When I walked into calculus, someone bumped into me and I fell over dropping all my books.

"Ouch, watch it!" I said in fury. I looked up. It was someone unfamiliar.

"I'm sorry. I didn't see you there." The boy said sheepishly. He was tall and he had short brown hair that was spiked up. He was really cute. "Let me help you with your things." He said helping me up.

"Uhmm, I'm Trevor, by the way. I'm new here." He placed the last fallen book into my hands.

"I'm Carmen. I was new here three weeks ago." I said. His face lightened up.

"Really? That's so cool! I thought I'd be the only 'new' one here." I nodded at his statement.

"Well, Trevor. It was nice to meet you." 

"The pleasure is all mine." He said with a grin. 

Suddenly I heard someone clear their throat behind me. I turned around and I swear, my heart skipped a beat. Andrew stood there looking gorgeous as always.

"Hi." I said in a whisper. A smile crept onto my face.

"Hey." He replied softly and smiled back at me. "And who are you?" He looked up to Trevor. His face turned hard.

"I'm Trevor. And you are?." Trevor held out a hand for Andrew to shake. Andrew ignored his hand and spoke.

"Andrew." 

"Cool." Trevor said. This time, his face matched Andrew's expression. 

Thank goodness Mr. Long walked in at that moment. There was so much tension in the air. 

"Everyone take your seats. We have a new student joining us today." Mr. Long said. He nodded to Trevor. I heard all the girls whisper about how he had a cute butt or something and I could practically hear all the guys smirking. I looked at Andrew. He looked kind of angry for some reason.

"You can sit next to Carmen. Carmen is the one-" 

"I know who Carmen is." Trevor interrupted politely.

"Ah, good. Well, class. Take out your books. We're doing some fun problems today."

Everyone groaned and slowly took out their books. Don't be deceived by the word 'fun' because they are actually the opposite. Mr. Long can be such a nerd sometimes. 

Trevor took the seat next to me, smiling. Andrew was eyeing him. 

"Guess luck was on my side." Trevor said still grinning. I forced myself to laugh and I looked forward. Andrew had his earphones in. Why was there so much tension? They just met literally minutes ago.

I sighed. Boys are so weird.