two

-Elsa's POV-

I quickly scribbled down the last of the answers of the English, then looked up at the clock. It was nearly lunch, and we had cheerleading practice so I didn't want to miss it. Mr. North (he had quite a peculiar surname, though I didn't mind it) said that if we don't finish our work, we would have to stay after class. I definitely didn't want to stay after class but if I decided too, I would not mind much. Mr. North is a very fun, cheerful kind of teacher. He reminds me a lot of Santa Claus, with his jolly attitude, his white long beard, his round belly and his knack at spreading joy to all the pupils he teaches. His appearance is a lot like the Santa Claus's described in books. I do not believe in that childish nonsense, though. I used too, but now I have grown out of that stage. Mostly everyone does.

I sensed that I was being watched, and a shiver crept down my spine. I felt some strange tingling sensation on my leg, and it stung quite a bit. I turned my head so I was looking over my shoulder behind me, and I realized Mavis was hitting her shoe on my bare leg repeatedly. Wincing, I gritted my teeth together.

"What's the problem?" I whispered, careful to keep quiet so Mr. North couldn't hear. Mavis sat behind me, so she had to lean forwards over her desk. Her lips formed the words 'Tell me the answer for the last question.'

"Mavis," I rolled my eyes as I mouthed back at her. I highly disapprove of cheating, but it is very common these days. Even if it's a minor test that won't affect your grades in anyway, I still think it is wrong. Mavis was my best friend though, so I tried to put it in kind words for her, though normally she never bothered listening. "This is not a proper test. You don't have to-"

She kicked me again and I moaned in pain. Mr. North turned around after talking to a student who asked a question, and raised his eyebrows, shooting me a look. I felt embarrassed, and looked down at my desk. I didn't like being told off, especially if it was my favourite teacher that was doing it. Mr. North is my favourite teacher, and he says I am his most intelligent pupil. I don't want to let him down, and that is why I work extra hard in his class even if the work is really simple and only requires a "Yes, that's true," or "No, it isn't true."

"What's all the noise about, Summers?" he asked questioningly. He has very good hearing because I hardly made a noise when I moaned. I didn't make eye contact with him but I continued staring at my desk. I usually avert my eyes from the teacher when I am told off, and that is very rare.

I plastered a smile on my face and tried to hide the pain, although my leg hurt quite a bit. I rubbed it against my other leg.

"Not trying to help Daniels, are we?" he folded his arms. I knew what to do.

"Oh Mr. North," I said innocently. "You know I wouldn't. I just banged my elbow on the table, that's all," I rubbed it to persuade him, and he sighed. That meant I had him convinced.

I can be very convincing sometimes. And I'm a good actor. That's why I'm always chosen for the main roles of plays. And I hardly ever lie, so teachers trust me to tell them the truth, and that is why I am a class prefect. It is a great responsibility, and it shows that I am a strong leader. I hope to be a strong leader one day, though it can be quite tiring.

"Alright then. Just don't make so much of a sound," said Mr. North, eyeing me suspiciously. His eyes narrowed slightly but he folded his arms and then rubbed his forehead.

"She wasn't, you're the one that was born with supersonic hearing Mr. North," Mavis muttered under her breath as he turned away to talk to the student. As soon as he was facing the other direction and no longer looking at me, I looked over my shoulder and whispered to Mavis.