Chapter Forty Four

-Jack Frost's POV-

"Rapunzel seems happy," Elsa told me as we sat down for first period. She frowned slightly and placed her hand under her chin so she was staring right at the person  who we agreed never to talk of again, while drumming her fingers against the table.  "And so does Crystal."

"And I should care because...?" I asked her, giving her an amused expression. Since when did Elsa care what Crystal and Rapunzel felt like? Why would she care?

"No reason," Elsa said, frowning a little less as she moved her chair closer to her table and watched Rapunzel intensely. "Its just that when I normally see her, she's crying. Ever since that incident she had been crying. But now..." Elsa gestured over to where Rapunzel was. "I don't think that she's upset anymore, and thats kind of fishy. Who cries for a long time then suddenly stops? And then Crystal always has that sour look on her face, but now..."

"Yeh," I said, narrowing my eyes and looking in Elsa's direction. I saw my ex girlfriend, with a small smile on her face and talking to some girls that had crowded around her as though nothing had ever happened. Crystal was with her, and she was acting like she was before the whole incident. and giving all the girls some hair tips. Well, I think she was. She kept touching her hair and then doing it in little funny plaits, and we could hear her voice from our desks.

Merida and Johnny were sitting behind her, rolling there eyes and shaking their heads, frantically whispering to eachother. Johnny placed his hand over his mouth and Merida chuckled over something, then she looked back at Crystal, giving her a very irratitated look. They were having a small conversation with Rapunzel. I grinned slightly. Merida always gave that look to me.

Then I got slightly worried at Crystal's and Rapunzel's behaviour. That was very odd. But Rapunzel probably just managed to move on (finally) and I guess I was happy for her. Though Crystal...

"She probably just moved on," I said, shrugging as I looked at Elsa. She bit her lip in worry and then began running her fingers through her hair. She had tied it in the bun so she was fiddling with her fringe. "And Crystal is probably happy everybody is bullying us."

"Yeh," Elsa said. "Probably. But it is fishy..."

"Let it go Elsa," I told her, patting her shoulder. "She's not involved with us anymore. Just let it go."

Elsa smiled slightly at me, and then looked in my direction. Nodding slightly, she pulled out some books and placed them on her desk. I frowned  at her and began scratching my chin.

"Um, Elsa?" I said feebly.

"Yes Jack?" Elsa said, still stealing glances at Crystal. That was unusual, Crystal's happiness makes her feel more worried than I am. But I don't really care anymore. What else can she do to damage our reputation anyway?

"It's music period," I said softly. "You don't need to take your books out."

"Oh?" Elsa turned her head and then blinked, picking up her books and stuffing them in her bag as she kicked it under her table. The drumming noise she was making was getting louder and louder. "Yeh, I forgot. Sorry!"

"You seem seriously distracted by Crystal's happiness," I told her, placing my hand under my chin.

"Yeh," Elsa sighed, and she slid her finger down her table, turning it and examining the dust on her pinkie. There was hardly any so she just shook her hand and turned back at me. "So?"

"I don't understand why you've got to be worried about it," I told her. "So what if she's gotten over us? Isn't that a good thing?"

Elsa looked at me as though I was some stupid little kid.

"Jack," she said, rather gently, as though she was addressing a six year old. "Do you not understand why I am so concerned?"

I shook my head.

"Jack," she sighed, leaning forwards and closer to me. "Crystal's happiness has never been a good thing for..." she pointed at herself. "Well, me."

"Huh?" I asked her.

"Well," Elsa said, biting her nails. "You've seen what shes done when she's in a good mood. You've seen whats she's capable of."

"Yeh, but its not like we've got anything to lose, do we?" I said simply. "Our reputations can't be ruined any more. I mean, we are already treated like dirt - " Elsa gave a small flinch, as though these words had inflicted pain on her "-so its not like she can worsen it."

"That's what you say," Elsa mumbled, but she gave me a playful punch and a small grin. She was moved closer to me and whispered. "But-"

She suddenly stopped as someone ran towards us so fast that I didn't know who it was. The person was a blur. I think it was a guy though.

He bolted right towards us and shoved Elsa out the way to squeeze into the little gap that was left, so she ended up falling forwards onto me- instinctivley I threw my arms around her but then she ended up nose to nose with me, so we were only inches apart from eachother.

I felt my cheeks burn and Elsa's began turning slightly pink. It looked sort of strange on her pale complection, but that wasn't the thing that was bothering me.

The thing that was bothering me was that the entire class was staring at us.

"Look!" A random person with a hoarse voice said, giggling. "Jack and Elsa are snogging!"

"No we're not!" Elsa exclaimed pulling away from me hurridley and then looking as though she was disgusted. "We weren't snogging, we just-"

"Eww, look!" another person shouted, pointing their finger accusingly at us and then pulling a revolted face, interrupting Elsa as she tried to talk.

"They were literally eating eachothers faces," another exclaimed, pulling a gag face.

"Jerks!" another person whispered.

"That's so gross! Ew!"

We got insults hurtled at us like balls, and I felt really embarrased. Elsa was literally shaking with rage and she looked at me with watery eyes.

"Jack and Elsa sitting in a tree," said a girl with icy blue eyes and light blonde hair, placing her hands under her chin and making her  eyes go all wide. "K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"

"First comes the love!" Belle exclaimed.

"Then comes the marriage!" said Crystal, cackling like an evil witch from the Wizard of Oz.

"Then comes the baby in the golden carriage!" said another cheerleader whose name escapes me at this present moment. "Those filthy jerks."

She and mostly everyone else laughed. Crystal was literally giggling like hell but she didn't say anything rude. She was just joining in with the others. Which was not normal.

"That wasn't even smart," I mumbled to Elsa, trying to cheer her up. She didn't answer and dag her nails into her table in her anger.

"Oooh, look, likkle wikkle Elsa's crying!" said Crystal. "Awww, poor baby!"

Yup, there was the insult I was waiting for.

"I am not crying!" yelled Elsa, though her eyes were really watery now. But I knew she was not sad, it was just due to her anger.

"Awww... likkle baby-"

"SHUT UP!" a loud voice screeched from the far corner of the room, which sounded very familar. "STOP IT!"

I looked and turned, seeing who the voice belonged to.

It was Merida.