Chapter Forty

-Crystal's POV-

"Rapunzel," Merida's loud, boisterous voice came from downstairs to the both of us. Me and Rapunzel were both sitting on the stairs, and she had her head bent forward so her blonde locks were covering her face, probably to hide the fact that she was crying a little. Her hair brushed the side of my thighs and I patted her back, trying to make her feel better, but it was not working, as I expected. Rapunzel's leg kept twitching, "the door."

"Merida," she muttered, sniffing a little. "If you've called over anymore boys, tell them to go away I'm not in the mood to see anybody at the moment, alright?" she raised her voice a little so she could be heard, because right now it was a little mouse squeak.

I was suprised my aunt (Rapunzel's mother, that is) hadn't heard the commotion yet, but she was on the phone talking to father (my uncle) about some very important matter. And when Aunt Alice is on the phone, it is impossible to get her off it until she finishes, especially when she's talking with her husband. Its quite strange but that's just how Aunt Alice goes.

Rapunzel had asked me if I wanted to come over with Merida and Johnny, and I said yes because I was bored of watching television for so long. But now I was just fucking regrettng agreeing to come over, because it's caused me to become more bored than I previously was.

"Rapunzel," I said infuriated, but trying not to show it I reached out and rubbing her back, a thing I've been doing these past two hours. My arm was really hurting now, "you need to stop crying and sh - I mean, move on. Spending all your time crying isn't going to help you. It's just useless."

"I'm trying," Rapunzel said, and she sounded honest, as if she was genuily trying to move on. Knowing Rapunzel, I knew she wasn't lying. She never lies, "honestly Crystal, I am."

"Then stop crying," I said. She was really getting on my nerves, the way she was, all 'naive,' and 'innocent.' She's bloody acting like she's a five year old who just lost her favourite toy. "Seriously. There is nothing to cry over. Yes, you saw Jack and Elsa in the closet, doing things you never imagined them doing, but still. Jeez Rapunzel."

Rapunzel gave a watery chuckle, shaking her head. I scoffed.

"That's not the main reason why I'm upset," she told me, rubbing her eyes and lifting her head so I could see her face properly. Her eyes were watery and slightly red, making her look like she hadn't slept for ten years. It scared me a little, but I managed to keep my mouth shut.

"Then why are you so upset?" I asked her.

"I'm just upset because he lied to me," she said sadly. "It's not the fact I caught him with Elsa. It's the fact that he lied straight to my face after we caught him. He could've just admitted it and I wouldn't have been so upset. But he didn't. Is that how much he values our friendship?"

The doorbell rang and it almost made me jump out of my skin. Merida got up and came to the bottom of the stairs, with her arms crossed. Her hair was tied in a ponytail but it looked as though it wasn't; it was still all over the place. Her mother made her have it like that, and it was better than when her hair was open, I suppose, so I shouldn't complain. I began rubbing circles on Rapunzel's back, nibbling my lip.

"Fine Punz, yes it's a guy," Merida admitted. "Okay, I told you. But seriously, this might make you feel better. This guy is really nice and sweet, I swear. You know him Punzie, and you don't have to date him, but at least, give it a chance?"

Rapunzel directed her gaze to Merida's direction, and she saw the pleading look in her eyes. Taking a deep breath, she nodded.

The doorbell rang for a second time, and I could tell this person was getting impaitent. I rolled my eyes and then I mouthed 'go be a darling and get the door while I deal with Rapunzel here, okay?' to Merida.