xxv.

HAYLEY MARSHALL WAS SOMEONE who Violet had only encountered a handful of times, fortunately

   HAYLEY MARSHALL WAS SOMEONE who Violet had only encountered a handful of times, fortunately. Unfortunately, most of those times hadn't been very pleasant experiences and Violet had the mindset that if she ever had to speak to Hayley again it would be too soon.

   But, of course, we don't all get what we want, evidently as Violet was currently stood with her boyfriend, watching the aforementioned werewolf exit the small convenient store located at the truck stop they were at.

   Earlier that day, Hayley had contacted Klaus, saying something about the matter being 'urgent' and for some reason Klaus agreed to meet. Despite her bitter feelings towards the girl, Violet tagged along, partially because she didn't trust Hayley and partially because, deep down, she knew she didn't particularly enjoy the fact that Klaus would be alone with this, admittedly gorgeous and strong, werewolf girl.

   But she tried not to think about that too much.

   The soulmates observed quietly as Hayley walked through a pair of eighteen wheelers, looking around cautiously. Hearing a noise, her head snapped around quickly, finding nothing but caught off guard when she turned back around, her eyes landing on a man standing between the vehicles a few feet away from her.

   It was revealed that the man was indeed a vampire, evident by the way sped towards her, pinning her against one of the trucks by her neck with little to no effort, throwing her to the ground a second later.

   Klaus and Violet shared a look, the former speeding off to save the damsel in distress whilst Violet took her time to approach the scene.

   With his hybrid features on display, Klaus spoke, "Have care, mate. That's no way to treat a lady." then proceeded to attack the vampire by biting into his neck, sealing his now inevitable fate.

   "You came." Hayley said as she picked herself up from the ground.

   Klaus smirked, "Well, you did say it was urgent." The wounded vampire grunted from his spot on the ground, speeding off a second later, worrying Hayley as she stared off to where he ran. "Oh, don't worry about him. He'll never make it through tomorrow night."

   "What if there are more?" Hayley asked worriedly just as Violet walked into their sight.

   "You were mindless enough to make a deal with Katerina Petrova." Violet spoke as she reached them, standing by her soulmates side. "She used you to find the cure and now you're nothing but a loose end. You'll be lucky if she lets you live."

   Hayley shoved passed the two of them,  making Violet grit her teeth in annoyance. "You said you would protect me."

   "And I will." Klaus replied, gaining he werewolf's attention once again. "Just as soon as you tell me everything you know about Katerina."