epilogue

So, you found my letter

So, you found my letter. Thank god, because I tried to put it somewhere obvious so someone would find it. By the time you're reading this, I'll hopefully already be in New Orleans with Klaus. We were tipped that there's a witch there who's plotting against Klaus so we've gone to investigate. From the stories he's told me, Klaus seems to be really fond of New Orleans, so I'm not sure when or if we'll be back. So I hope Elena gets her emotions back and Bonnie regains control. And I hope you guys make good use of that cure. I know we've all made mistakes but know that I forgive you all and I hope you can forgive me too. I truly am going to miss you all. Before I end this, because it's already getting kinda long, my number is gonna stay the same if you guys are ever in desperate need of help or should anything happen so don't hesitate to call.
Until we meet again,
Violet.

"Are you ready, flower?" Klaus asked, loading the last of their luggage into the back of his car.

Violet took one last look around, at the mansion she had been living in, down the road, knowing that, just a few minutes away, her compelled parents sat peacefully at home. They caused her nothing but pain for most of her life, but she was glad they were safe and oblivious. Near her house, we're Caroline's, and Elena's, Bonnie's and Matt's, and the Salvatore house only minutes from them.

Her whole life was spent with the same people. All 17 years spent in Mystic Falls with the people she'd known since elementary school. Never could she have guessed that any of this would have happened. She could've never predicted that the supernatural existed, nor that she would become friends with vampires and werewolves and witches. And much less could she have predicted that she was soulmates with the worlds first vampire-werewolf hybrid.

Around a year had passed since Klaus first came to town, bringing a load of problems with but while also granting Violet with the love of her life. Nothing could have prepared her what was to come after the death of Elena's parents.

And now, here she was; about to embark on a whole new journey with her soulmate by her side. Was she ready? Hell no. But she was pretty damn excited.

"Yeah," Violet grinned. "I'm ready."

And off they went. Destination: New Orleans, Louisiana.

━