Chapter 2: Dinner and a WHAT?!

Annabeth P.O.V

6:30- Monday

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I sprang out of bed to get ready for my first day of school. I decided it might be a good idea to hit the snooze button on my alarm, considering the loud noise was still violently assaulting my eardrums.

I brushed my teeth and all that other stuff, then grabbed a pair of blue jeans and a random t-shirt.

It had an owl on it and was purple, bringing out my stormy grey eyes. Not that I cared.

Who cares about clothes? I have a black belt in karate. You can't exactly wear a skirt when your breaking a board with your foot.

I check the time, its 6:51, school starts at 7:30 so I have plenty of time.

I made toast and a bowl of cereal for breakfast.

I grab the keys to my Porsche, I was going to take the less noticeable Mustang but it mysteriously is getting a new stereo put in it for the first day, courtesy of mom.

Interesting timing.

I leave at 7 and look back after locking the door.

My house has absolutely amazing architecture. It has three stories and a pool- inside. I don't swim much though. It is white with huge Greek columns up the sides and middle. We also own much of the surrounding land.

It gets kind of lonely here, with this big house to myself. I guess its better then being here with mom all the time though. Anything is better than that.

I drive over to Thalia's place after I leave.

I promised her I would pick her up rather than a driver doing it for her. She cannot drive at all.

"Come on Thals, your gonna be late!" I yell through her doorway.

"Ugh, gods Annabeth, I'm coming, I'm coming. We still have 20 minutes to get there!"

"Yes, but we have to get our schedules and lockers too."

"Fine, I'm on my way." She steps out of her house in tight, ripped black jeans, a death to Barbie t-shirt and black combat boots. It all matches her black, pixie cut hair and eyes.

Classic Thals.

"Really Annabeth, could your car have been any flashier?" she said rolling her eyes. "Your mom?"

"How on Earth did ya guess? Was it the fact that I hate the color blue and that's the color of the car I'm driving, or the fact that I told you last night when we were talking."

"Both, speaking of which how was the conversation with your mom that you cut me off for?"

"Sorry about that, but you of all people know how our parents are. If we don't answer thay call National Security, the FBI, and all that."

Yes, that actually happened to Thalia.

"I don't know, she said we were gonna go for a fancy dinner but naturally there was a catch. There always is one. She said she was going to break some 'big news' over dinner. She hung up before I could ask her about it though."

"Uh-oh, just whatever you do don't move on me- you, Pipes, Percy, and Nico are the only true friends I actually have around here. Everyone else just wants to be like us."

"Don't worry, Thals. I am never going to let that happen."

"Good." After that we drove together in silence until we got to school.