Chapter 9: The House of Hades

A/N: Hello faithful readers, and those new to the story. *cough* everyone *cough* First I would like to tell you that I can no longer try to update daily. It will be two to three times a week and the chapters will either be the same length or longer. Also I am also going to slow down Percabeth and the story. More details, more drama, maybe- nope not gonna tell ya'll. ;)

Chapter 9: The House of Hades

Their lips were a split second away from each other, getting closer each passing instant.

Their lips just barely brushed each others, a soft, gentle kiss.

They were both enjoying the moment, about to deepen the kiss, when a door slammed.

They realized the truck had stopped. Suddenly the door to the truck opened and Percy and

Annabeth sprung apart.

Annabeth landed behind a zebra, looking straight in the eye, the hole at the rear of the creature that is.

Percy wasn't nearly as lucky.

He landed in a wolf's personal space, that is to say on the angry animal's foot.

With an arm soaked in blood.

The wolf growled lowly.

Percy and Annabeth hadn't even noticed this creature, hiding in the shadows.

The animal was about to lunge and bite his arm, when they heard voices.

The wolf froze. So did the two humans.

"I don't know what you heard Sal. But it sure ain't comin' from back here." said a 30 year old guy with a beer belly in its first developing stages, a bag of pork rinds in his big, meaty hand. His thin hair was dark and greasy, his white shirt had pit stains on it that looked years old.

"Well then who was talkin' Jessie? The animals?"

"I told ya to call me J. Jess's a girls' name."

"Whatever 'J' if nobody's there the come on. We don't got all day for this ya' know."

J shrugged and walked off, not caring.

Percy slowly backed away from the frightened wolf, thankful for J and Sal both.

J for stopping the wolf, and Sal for stopping J.

Annabeth had moved away from the smelly end of the animal, who seemed to be saying with his eyes "What just happened and why was there a girl up my a**?"

At least that's how Percy interpreted it.

"Did we just-" Annabeth asked.

"Yep." Percy interrupted, in a slightly exhausted yet dazed tone.

"And then they-"

"Yep."

"So we -"

"Yep."

"Do you have any other words at all in your vocabulary except for yep?"

"Yep."

Annabeth rolled her eyes and Percy laughed. Both of them playing off the awkward moment.

"What just happened Percy?"

"I believe we just kissed, not so wise are you Wise Girl?"

"How can you joke at a time like this?" she asked incredulously.

"Well, if I don't joke then it will be very awkward now won't it."

"It still is awkward Seaweed Brain."