Chapter 6

Tears streamed down my face as I continuously threw up. I could've sworn that I was fine just yesterday. Maybe it was something that I ate, but I've been eating things that I've eaten before, why would they make me sick?

Once I was finished, I got up to brush my teeth and dry my tears. Alec held me as I finished crying and we sat on the bathroom floor, for what felt like forever, but was really only about 10 minutes.

"Do you feel any better, love?" Alec asked, breaking the silence.

"I think so." I told him. "It might've been something that I ate."

But from that day on, every morning, I would wake up and throw up, no matter what. Some days I wouldn't eat anything and I'd still get sick. I can't keep anything down, so I don't eat. Despite this, I've also been gaining weight, I look bloated every day and I hate it.

Alec insisted that I see a doctor but I have refused to. Instead, we just flew back to Volterra and on the flight back, I knew exactly what was wrong with me.

"I'm pregnant." I stated simply.

I looked at Alec, watching his jaw clench and unclench as I told him. "I knew it." Those were the last words that he spoke to me, the rest of the flight was silent.

I had to admit, I was scared. Not because I was pregnant, but because Alec didn't say anything. Was he mad that I was pregnant? I can't really do anything about it. I just wish that he would say something.

***

"Hey, you two are-" Jane looked at me in shock, her eyes fixed on the one area of my body that was getting bigger. "-pregnant." It took Jane a moment before she snapped. "You got her pregnant? How stupid are you?" Jane attacked her brother as I stood there, dumbfounded by what was happening. He easily restrained her and attempted to calm her down but Jane wouldn't give in. "Idiot! She could lose her life because of this!"

"Sister, please, control yourself."

Jane moved out of his grasp and straightened her dress, glaring daggers at Alec. This led to a quite uncomfortable silence and it felt like you could cut the tension in the room with a knife.

"It was an accident, not entirely his fault." I broke the silence, and Jane's gaze from Alec. She turned her head towards me and her expression softened.

"What are you going to do?" Her eyes glanced down at my enlarging stomach before meeting my gaze again.

"I don't-I don't know yet." I told her honestly. Alec still hasn't spoken to me directly, especially not about the baby.

"We need to talk. If you will excuse us." Alec told Jane before picking me up and vampire speeding to our room before slamming the door shut. I jumped a little at the loud noise, surprised that he would do such a thing.

"Alec-"

"You have to get rid of it." Was all he said, arms crossed, looking down at me.

"What?" I looked at him, not comprehending exactly what he was saying.

"You can't have that thing, Kenzi. It will kill you. You have to get rid of it."

"Are you being serious? How could I just 'get rid of it'?" I looked at him in disbelief, he wants to kill our unborn child. This wasn't even a discussion, this was an order.

"We'll go with Carlisle, or another doctor and they will get that thing out of you." He explained, a disgusted look on his face when he referred to the baby as a thing.

"I'm not going with anybody! This isn't a thing, it's a baby. A living, growing, baby and I'm keeping it. I'm not going to kill our child, and you're insane for even thinking about making me do it." I pointed my finger accusingly at him as I said this, my temper slowly rising, but I had to keep it under control.

"You are being ridiculous. Do you know what could happen? The consequences? Isabella almost died giving birth to her child, but she was changed because she was human. What are we going to do if you end up in the same situation? I can't change you!"

"But that's exactly where you're wrong. I won't end up in that situation because I'm not human. I'm stronger, can withstand more, and I can certainly have this child!"

"Why are you willing to give up so much for something that will start killing you from the inside out? You are already getting sick every morning, you hardly eat, why not end it now before it's too late?"

"Why are you so willing to hurt something that you helped create?"

"Because I don't want to lose you!" He yelled out in frustration. "I want that thing gone."

"Well, I guess you won't get what you want." I crossed my arms, stubbornly.

"Unbelievable." Alec shook his head and stood there for a moment. "Fine, keep your baby, but I won't be around to see that thing destroy you from the inside out." With that, he left the room at vampire speed, not giving me time to respond.

"Fine! I grew up without a dad and so can this baby!" I yelled after him before slamming the door shut. "Ugh!" I hit the door once, and then twice, and then repeatedly, releasing all of my stress and frustration on the tall, wooden door.

"If you keep hitting this door, there will be none of it left, sweetheart." I looked up to see that Demetri had opened the door and was standing there with his arms crossed. I didn't say a thing, I just ran into his arms and let the tears fall. "It'll be okay, sweetheart." He stroked my hair and held me as I cried tears of sadness and frustration.

"He hates me." I whispered softly, knowing that he could hear.

"He doesn't hate you. I know him, he will get over it and apologize to you tomorrow. I have lived with him for centuries to know what he'll do, and he loves you more than anything, the last thing that he would ever do, is hate you." Demetri dried my tears with his thumb and gently raised my head so that I would look at him. "Do you hear me, sweetheart? He could never hate you, ever."

I nodded my head, knowing that Alec wouldn't hate me, but at this moment, that's what it felt like. Once I said that I was keeping it, he didn't want anything to do with me or the baby. Aren't we supposed to love and support each other? Why couldn't he support me in my decision? Why was he so quick to make a demand?