Chapter 13

"Where are they?" Alice asked before we even approached the door before letting out a squeal as soon as she laid eyes on the twins. "They're adorable!" She jumped down from the porch and landed in front of us, reaching for the twins.

Alec handed them to her as she fawned over the twins. "Cole and Violet, right?" I nodded and smiled, leaning into Alec's side. "You two look just like you're parents." Alice smiled at them before speeding onto the porch to meet Jasper.

"Kenzi, Alec, how good to see you two." Carlisle added once him and Esme stepped outside as well.

"It's great to see you too, Carlisle. My brother told me that Alice wanted to meet the twins as soon as possible." I commented.

"Ah, yes, she has talked about dressing them up ever since she saw them coming. Although I must say, that doctor of yours wasn't of much help."

I let out a small laugh, "No, he really wasn't. He was a huge pain in the ass."

"Absolutely horrible, we had hired the best of the best but it seems that we were wrong." Alec chimed in.

"Well that's a first." Edward, who had just come outside, replied. He was then followed by Bella and Renesmee.

I couldn't stop the smile from spreading across my face as soon as I saw her. We immediately ran over and embraced each other. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, Kenz. You need to visit more." We pulled away from each other's grasp and I took a minute to examine her face. She didn't look too different from the last time that I saw her, she had only grown a bit more. She stood probably about two or three inches taller than me.

"Damn, I hate being short." I muttered to myself, causing a few of the Cullens to chuckle.

"Well, what're we waiting for? Let's go shopping!" Alice squealed.

I smiled and followed her in the direction of the garage but was pulled back by Alec. "Aren't you coming?"

"No, I must go hunt but I trust that you will be okay? I don't want to leave you, love." He pulled me closer to him and held me in his arms.

"I'll be fine, I don't want you to leave either but you have to eat. You can't starve just to be with me."

"I'd fall off the edge of the earth, if that's what you wished for."

"I know you would because I'd do the same...but technically that's not possible because the earth is round." He let out a small chuckle as he looked down at me. "So enough with the sappy stuff, go hunt, I'll go shopping and I'll see you later." I gave him a quick kiss, which immediately turned into something more, however we were stopped by the sound of someone clearing their throat, causing both of us to reluctantly separate.

"Goodbye, love." And with that, he was gone. I turned around to reveal Rosalie.

"Alice sent me to come get you, I didn't think you'd be so...busy." Rose shot a small smirk my way as I felt my cheeks burn up before following her to the garage.

***

"Mommy!" Cole stumbled over to me as I sat down in a chair outside of the dressing rooms. He reached his arms out for me to pick him up and I did so without hesitation.

"Ready for the next store?" Alice asked me.

"I think the twins have more clothes that they can wear at this point." I chuckled.

"Not for them, silly! For you! Do you know how long it's been since I've gotten to dress you up? Come!" I sighed but smiled. Alice's enthusiasm was addictive and I followed her out of the store that we were.

"I can hold him while you two shop." Rose offered, reaching out for Cole.

"Are you sure?"

"Of course. Besides, Violet seems to miss being with her brother."

I gave her a simple thank you before handing Cole over to her. He happily went into Rose's arms, grateful to be with his sister again. I watched as Rose began to play with them, probably missing the time when Ness was a baby. I directed my attention back to Alice who already had a stack of clothes to hand over to me.

"I know you don't particularly like pink, but I thought that this one might pass the test." She handed me a jacket that was a darker pink color and not necessarily as bright as most pinks are.

"Well it does-" I was cut off by Alice squealing in happiness.

"I knew you'd like it!"

"Alice, you can see the future, of course you knew!" I laughed and she just smirked and ushered me towards the fitting rooms.

I came out about 20 minutes later after having tried on the piles of clothes Alice had handed me before I went in. She quickly grabbed everything that fit and went up to the register to pay for the clothes. I began to look around the store myself and found the accessories table. I spun the small rack that held sunglasses and scanned over them, not finding any that I liked. I continued to look over the accessories before Alice dragged me out, insisting that we continue shopping.

I followed her around for another two hours before begging her to go to the food court because I was hungry. Unlike Alice, I was actually tired and so were the twins, who had long since fallen asleep in Rose's arms. Alec was probably already back from hunting and I didn't want anything more than to go home and curl up in his arms.

After I had eaten, Alice had begged me to go into another store before we left, claiming that we never get 'bonding time' anymore. I reluctantly agreed and Rose told us that she would take the twins back to my house to rest.

As I walked around looking through racks of clothes with Alice, someone came up and tapped my shoulder. "Kenzi?"

I spun around, immediately recognizing the voice. "Tate?" My brown eyes met hazel ones and all of the memories came flooding back.