the stars aren't shining tonight.

"Daniel-ah."

Daniel looks up from the couch when he hears seongwoo croak. He smiles and stands up.

"Aish, you went drinking again." Daniel presses the towel he had already wet beforehand against seongwoo's forehead.

"I, I had some clients." Seongwoo mutters out.

Daniel knows that even when seongwoo is drunk, he's still capable of lying.
The words that he's used to saying will still come out, truth or not.

Daniel doesn't respond but instead strips seongwoo off and dresses him into clean clothing.

He drags seongwoo towards the bedroom and lays him down on the bed, towel still pressed on him.

He smiles as he sees the red spots on his neck. At least seongwoo enjoyed himself.

"Daniel-ah, I love you." Daniel felt seongwoo grabbing his wrist as he was about to walk out.

Daniel turns around to press a kiss on seongwoo's forehead. "You're drunk, goodnight." He leaves the room, closing the door behind him.

He smiles as he lies back on the couch, twisting the ring on his finger. He remembers the day seongwoo had proposed.

He closes his eyes as he leans down, looking at the open window. The stars didn't shine as bright as they did when he had gotten married.

The air wasn't this cold, and Daniel didn't feel this empty.

He closes his eyes, he hopes his heart can take more.