Chapter 5: So I'm Your Bestfriend Right?

Merlin pov

I wake up and make breakfast because there is no way I'm letting those to dollopheads prepare food ever again. Speaking of those two where are they?

There they come and they're holding flowers. These two need to get a life. They've literally been fighting over who my best friend is the whole trip. It's kind of funny. I mean that they could just ask me. To be honest though, I wouldn't be able to pick. I'm equally fond of both of them.

They walk over and hand me the flowers. Then Arthur says two simple words that make me smile which are, "Show me."

I look at the fire and hold my hand towards it. I say, "Upastige draca" and a little dragon is created by the sparks of the fire. I look over at Arthur and see utter amazement on his face. I say, "See magic can be a beautiful thing as well as dangerous."

He nods his head and claims, "You are amazing. I mean with your magic. You're still a pretty bad servant."

I smile and say, "I think it's time to go home."

We jump on our horses and start heading home when they start at it again. It was amusing at first. Now it's just annoying. Arthur goes, "I've told you a hundred times Gwaine. I'm Merlin's best friend."

"No. I am. You're just a prince of a prat that he serves." He fires back.

Arthur replies with a slightly pissed off tone, "Why don't we just ask him then? I mean he's literally right there."

Oh no. I was not expecting that. I mean I didn't think that they were smart enough to come to that. I look at Gwaine and he says, "Well, let's have it Merlin. Who's your best friend?"

I look between and panic. I say, "umm....ummm Lancelot."

They both go, "What?" I look at them and shrug. They look like they are going to kill someone.

We continue to ride and eventually Gwaine comes up beside me. He says, "Okay, Merlin. I know that was all an act back there." I nod my head and he continues, "So I'm your best friend, right?"

I say, "Of course."

He rides up ahead clearly satisfied when Arthur comes up beside me. He leans over and asks me, "So I am your best friend, right? You were just trying to spare Gwaine feelings back there, right?"

I reply, "Yes, Arthur. You know you're my best friend." I smile to give him a little more reassurance.

We get home without anymore issues. I am glad that trip is over with and hopefully we're all a little closer now.

The end