Chapter 3

Kaiana Pratt
May 3rd 2001

"August finals are coming up, are you sure you don't want to study with me baby?"

It's been about a week since our first date, and now we were almost inseparable, our connection was out of this world, and i was happy.

"I mean, i could help you study but I know all of this. Aug a genius, baybeh." He smiles cockily. We were in his small apartment. It was nice, and it was definitely him. He's the type of person to like everything dark in his house. Black curtains, black bed spread, everything was themed black.

"Why are you referring to yourself in the third person?" I laughed.

"Cause Aug can do that, don't worry bout Aug, na' what you need help with mama?" He leaned his body on mine as we looked at the book Mr. Wyatt gave us to study over the weekend. Him being so close to me did something to my mind. I couldn't focus for shit. I turned over on my back so that he could hover over me.

"You can help me by giving me a kiss." I smirked then pulled him down by his shirt. His soft, plump lips slowly moved against mine. I felt my heartbeat pick up its pace as i wrapped my arms around his neck and the kiss got more intense. Now is the perfect time.

I slowly moved my hands down his shoulders and up to his face, I tried to creep my fingers by his ears were the arms of his shades sat, but as soon as i was there, his large hands grabbed my wrists and put them up by my head.

"Baybeh, stop." August's voice strained as he pulled away.

"August i just don't understand why i can't see your eyes. It's been 3 weeks, babe. I just want to see your whole face." I pout.

"Just leave it alone, ight?" He seemed to be upset. He got off of me and sat on the end of his bed.

"I'm not going to leave it alone! There's something you're hiding from me, I'm your girlfriend Aug! Don't you think i deserve to know?" I sat up, getting upset at his sudden attitude.

"Who said that you were my girl?" He said nonchalantly. My heart fell into the pit of my stomach because he was right, he hadn't officially asked me to be his girl.

"I-I just t-thought... you're right, I'm gonna go." I said, i was trying to get away from him as fast as i could so that he wouldn't see me cry. I can't believe that i thought that this was real. I knew it was too good to be true.

"Wait, Kai. I didn't mean to—"

"No, I shouldn't have believed that you actually wanted to be with me. You're good, have a nice day." My voice cracked as i tried to make my way to the door. But August got up and blocked it.

"I do want to be with you Kaiana, that's not what i meant, I just .... I can't tell you right now." He sighed .

"Well, obviously this isn't going to work out. All i want to do is see your face Aug! whatever it is you know that i won't judge you." I say trying to get around him so that i could leave.

"I'm going to tell you sooner or later, pooh. I promise." I looked up at him, he was biting his bottom lip. I'm guessing because he was getting frustrated.

"That's the problem August, i can't tell whether you're lying or not through those shades. Holla' at me when you're ready to talk, now excuse me." He finally moved out of my way, and i was able to go to my car.

-------------------------------------

Hey y'all, this was kinda short but i thought i'd just give y'all a little something something, i've noticed that i've been getting more readers and to say that i'm happy about it is an understatement . Thank you guys for reading and voting, tell your friends about it. Keep commenting too !

favor, peace, and blessings over y'all whoooole day 🤙🏽

Comment, vote ✨💘