Chapter 4

Kaiana Pratt
May 30th 2001

It's been close to a month since i've seen or heard from August. To say that i'm sad is an understatement. I thought that he was different from everybody else but then he goes and he does this and now i don't know.. Maybe my judgement was off, maybe i was so blinded by his nice words and yummy appearance that i wanted him to be different.

Ciara has been trying to keep me level headed, but with her having her new girl around all the time i barely get to see her. Her girlfriend, Nicki, doesn't like me for some reason.. like, at all. I guess she sees me as a threat but, I'm not gay so i can't imagine why.

I was slowly but surely going back to my old ways. I haven't eaten in 3 days, I haven't gone out except for when i go to class, and even then i don't acknowledge anything or anybody.

August hasn't been to class so i'm guessing that he's just going to fail all together.. All because he won't take those stupid ass shades off.

"Kaiana!"

i heard the dorm door open and close.

"Sup, C" I slightly look up at her only for her to place her hands on her hips and frown.

"Girl if you don't get your ass up, matter of fact; no. Go wash your ass and get dressed. You're coming with me. AND YOU BETTER BE CUTE" she rolled her eyes and forcefully pulled me out of bed.

"No Ciara, i'm not going anywhere."

"If i gotta get a bucket of water and some soap and throw all of it at you at once, i will. try me" I squinted my eyes at her in annoyance while she did the same. Knowing her, she really will splash me with water and throw a soap bar at my head. Might as well shower on my own leisure.

"Fine." I snarled and turned away from her on my heels.

"that's what i thought" She smiled and clapped.

--------------------------------

"Ciara, where are you taking me? i don't wanna be see-"

"Shut up"

"Kaiana?" I turned my head slightly towards the voice. i knew that voice from anywhere.

"August?" My voice shook, and my heart pounded profusely. No matter how angry i am with him, he still makes me weak in the knees.

"I'm so sorry. i really really am and i—"

"save it. it's been a month august. all because you don't want to show your fucking eyes. I don't care what's going on with your eyes! i'm already in love with you." I whispered the last part, looking up and him slightly. somehow we got closer in the mist of the argument. I heard his breathing quicken, and then, suddenly, he grabs my face gently and presses his lips onto mine.

he then trails my hands towards his face; specifically the sides of his shades. He slowly pulls away from my lips, and as he's doing so, his glasses slide off into my hands, and finally i'm looking him in his eyes. His tired eyes.

"I'm uh, blind in one eye, and i was diagnosed with a liver disease earlier this year, so i'm always sick, and barely eating

"I'm uh, blind in one eye, and i was diagnosed with a liver disease earlier this year, so i'm always sick, and barely eating. My eyes give everything away. that's why i don't like them, and i don't like for anyone to see them." Once he was finished my heart was completely broken. I understand his reasons now. but like i side before.. i'm already in love, so i don't care.

       ————————————————

this is a sucky place to end it but my wattpad is literally acting up rn. i'll just give you guys 2 updates today. sorry.

-the author