Chapter 7

Night had once again come and you were riding your skateboard around the streets, smiling proudly at your paintings. But then, the KMCP News van parked outside the Metro Man museum caught your eye. You smirked and motioned for Neo to follow you as you got an idea. You had always loved to mess with the camera man, he was clownish, clumsy, and pretty stupid as far as 'not knowing when to take a hint' goes. 

You knew all about his crush on Roxanne, and she tried many times to 'give him the hint' that she wasn't interested, but obviously he just didn't seem to get it. He was always trying to hit on her and ask her out to do stuff with him, but in the end it always ended up being completely awkward. This guy was hopeless so far.

As you got closer you hid in the shadows and watched/listened as Roxanne gave her condolences for Metro Man's death.

"He was always there for us. Dependable. Perhaps we took him for granted, you know, maybe... we never really know how good we have it until it's gone."

You took her words into thought for a moment, thinking about all the times Metro Man was there to talk to you and see if you were okay... then you shook your head. "No, I don't need that goodie two-shoes." 

(It took me far too long to notice I wrote 'Mega' man up there. I am ashamed. -w-'')

"We miss you, Metro Man. I miss you. And I have just one question for Megamind: Are you happy now?"

You immediately wanted to say 'Of course he is!' but something in your mind suggested otherwise. You remembered how he looked earlier that day, and wondered if maybe he really wasn't happy.

"This is Roxanne Ritchi, reporting from a city without a hero. Coming up next, are you ready to be a slave army? What you need to know." With that, Roxanne motioned for Hal to stop filming.

"And... wrap that up and give it to a child on Christmas, 'cause we're done!" He said. You cringed a little, thinking that was too much.

"Ok. See you tomorrow, Hal." She turned to go into the museum, but of course, Hal had to stop her. 

"Wait. Roxie, I'm having a party at my house. It's gonna be, like, off the hook, or whatever. You should come over, I got a deejay, rented a bouncy house, made a gallon of dip, it's gonna be sick!" 

You once again cringed. As usual, this guy was trying way too hard.

You snuck your way over to the van and hid behind it, then as quietly as possible began painting another 'M' on it, trying to tune out their annoying conversation. Right as you finished they finally stopped talking and Hal walked back to the van, gasping when he realizes you're there.

"Oh, come on! I just got it re-painted a few days ago!" Hal groaned. You merely stifled a laugh and skated off.

Hal scolded himself and absentmindedly punched the van, apparently breaking his finger in the process. You tried not to laugh at his humorous misfortune. Tried. He drove off after that and left Roxanne to be alone at long last, or so she thought.

You looked to one side and saw Megamind walking towards the museum as well. "What's he up to?" You wondered, hiding behind a trash bin as he walked past. 

Once he was inside the building you and Neo looked at each-other for a moment, and out of nowhere Neo put a small black cube that enlarged into a tablet-like device in your hands. Neo showed you a small camera that was on the side of his eye, then he flew off towards the museum.

You ran over to a nearby alley to stay hidden, then lifted up the glass part of your helmet so you could see better. You looked at the screen to see everything Neo was seeing. He flew all the way up to the top where you could stand on a glass platform and see the statue up close. You saw both Megamind and Roxanne, they were on opposite sides from each-other. Instead of wearing his usual attire, Megamind was wearing blue pajamas with nuclear, Toxic, and other danger type signs on them, but he still had his cape tied on.