Chapter 10

You panicked and picked up your skateboard before quickly bolting away from the two, but just moments after when you looked back, Megamind was chasing after you with his dehydration gun in hand, the glowing gun in Minion's arms. Megamind had surprisingly torn off his hairnet and goggles in a mere number of seconds.

"Sir! Please wait! It's not what you think!" Minion protested, but his pleas fell on deaf ears.

You jumped onto your skateboard and ducked just before Megamind fired at you, barely missing your helmet.

"Sir! No! Wait!!" Minion tried to keep up, but due to his big and bulky suit it was impossible for him to give chase.

You turned a corner, hoping you'd be able to lose him.

"Get back here!" He ordered, making you gulp.

This definitely wasn't how you expected meeting your idol would go.

You picked up the skateboard after you turned again and hid behind a shelf, realizing that the skateboard was too noisy to sneak around on.

Wait... where was Neo?

You looked left and right, and he was nowhere to be found.

"Oh no... please don't tell me he..." You felt fear worm into your heart.

He must have gotten hit by the blast.

"Come on out little one... I... just want to talk." Megamind said slowly.

You gulped and snuck over to another pile of invention parts, unsure about where you should go or what you should do, when suddenly, you heard Minion's voice.

"Sir! We have a problem!"

"I'm fully aware, Minion!" Megamind called back, he was close by.

"No! Miss Ritchi has found the lair, sir!"

Your eyes widened.

"Wait, WHAT?!" Megamind yelled, and you heard the sound of his boots pounding against the ground away from you.

You gulped and almost silently sighed in relief, but that didn't last long when you started to hear the two begin panicking.

You could hear Megamind slamming a metal closet shut as he called Minion a dim-witted creation of science, which you almost laughed at, and you tried to get farther away just to be safe. But as you were looking back to see if Megamind saw you, you accidentally bumped right into a certain, very annoying newswoman.

"Megapainter?" She seemed shocked.

You didn't speak.

"...Are you here to try and get rid of me?" She asked cautiously.

You weren't sure how to answer, so you just shook your head.

"Then... why are you here?" She raised a brow.

You shrugged, still not wanting to talk.

You jumped a bit too high for your liking as you heard a noise come from the back of the lair, getting both yours and Roxanne's attention. It was most likely Megamind.

"...You look pretty on edge..." She mumbled to herself as she looked down at you again, probably thinking you couldn't hear her.

As you looked around for any sight of Megamind, you saw a small, glowing blue cube on the ground. 

It had to be Neo.

Without thinking, you ran over to it, hoping to save your dear, robotic friend.

"H-Hey! Wait!" Roxanne chased after you.

Just as you were about to grab the cube, you were bombarded by a swarm of brain-bots, every single one chanting: 'Intruder!', they had emerged from the curtain which was pulled to the side to cover up all of Megamind's research things. You yelped in fear as they grabbed you and carried you off. But as you looked down you saw Minion inside the now falling metal closet and dropping the glowing gun.

"Megapainter!" Roxanne called to you in shock.

"Neo... please be okay..." You pleaded mentally as the brain-bots continued to carry you off. When you were finally released, you were grabbed by an arm and pulled against someone.

You struggled and looked to see Megamind, glaring down at you with his dehydration gun still in hand.

"N-No! Please! W-Wait!" You weakly stammered in fear.

"Hush, child. I'll deal with you later. Now just close your eyes, this won't hurt a bit..." He smirked, slowly aiming the gun to your helmet.

"HELP!!" You screeched, but as soon as you said the word, the world became a large, blue blur, and you passed out.