Dream Come True

I spent months planning this trip to London. I reserved a flat instead of hotel. 

I left most of the days unplanned so that I can explore the city and surrounding countryside. 

I applied and received tickets for Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway and Britain's Got Talent auditions at the Palladium. To be honest, those were the real reason I came to London. I was really hoping to meet Ant, Dec, Stephen and David. I had no plans on how to do this yet, but I was determined. I had friends from Twitter in the area who said they might be able to help.

Needless to say, I was beyond excited to finally be in London. The underground ride to the flat seemed to take forever. 

When I finally arrived in the flat, I threw my luggage in the living room and toured the place to make sure everything was as expected. It was perfect! This was going to be the best trip ever! 

Despite the time difference, I was too excited to be jet lagged or to sit around the flat. I threw some money and cellphone into my purse and headed out the door. 

When I got on to the street, I had absolutely no idea where I was going. As I planned, I had no plan. I loved the freedom. I loved the not knowing. 

As I walked under the street lights in the dark night, I lost track of time and direction. 

In the silence of the street, I heard some faded voices. They sounded like they were having a good time, as if at a party. I followed the voices through the streets until I came upon a pub. 

The pub was full of people at varying levels of drunkenness. Many were singing songs. Others were telling stories and jokes. It definitely seemed like the place to be for a fun time. I figured, what the hell and worked my way through the crowd until I reached the bar in the middle. 

I sat at the first stool I found and ordered a Guinness from the tap. I spent the evening watching the crowd. It was better than any show on television. I chatted with the bar tender off and on. I'm not sure how many times he refilled my glass, but I was feeling a little bit fuzzy but not out f control. After a couple of hours, I felt at home on my stool with my bartender.  

As the pub started to clear out, the noise softened, and stools started to empty. 

As I was checking my cellphone for any messages a man sat on the stool next to me. As he ordered his drink, I listened intently. I knew that voice. I could pick that voice out of a loud crowd. I tried to be nonchalant and take a peek to confirm what I knew. 

I started to shake with nerves and excitement because I was right. Stephen Mulhern was sitting on the stool next to me, ordering a drink. 

I tried to calm down before I looked up from phone. I didn't want to look like a crazy woman. This was my chance to meet one of men. I did not want to screw it up by saying something stupid to him and embarrassing myself.

"Usually, when I look at my phone, it is turned on," that familiar voice said. 

I looked up from my phone to find those bright blue eyes twinkling at me. 

"I'm sorry?" Was all I could get out. 

"Your mobile? You were staring at it pretty hard...it's not on." He laughed his gorgeous laugh. 

I felt myself blushing. I was struck silent. I didn't know what to say. Here he was, talking to me, and I was staring at him like a dumb star-struck girl. 

"Are you ok?" He asked, looking at me concerned.

I was still staring at him.

"Fine...Yes, fine...Thank you..." I stammered before taking a big swig of my beer.

"So where are you from?" Stephen asked.

"How did you-" I started.

"Your accent. You're not British." Stephen smirked.

"California. I am here on holiday. First time." I was starting to feel more comfortable.

Stephen finished off his drink and ordered another. "If this is your first time, then you have to do it right. There are a lot of places you have to make sure you see."

About two more beers for me and another drink for Stephen, and before we knew it the pub was closing for the night. Stephen and I were the only two left in the place. He had been telling me about his favorite places in London and the surrounding areas that he insisted I had to visit. We lost track of time and I lost all of my insecurities of the fact that I was talking to Stephen Mulhern, a man I had a crush on.

"Alright you two. Time to go." Henry, the bartender, insisted.

Stephen and I laughed as we headed out of the pub on to the empty dark streets. 

"Are you near here?" Stephen asked looking up and down the street. 

"I am not sure actually. I walked from the flat. But I am not quite sure how to get back." I laughed. "This is actually my first night here. I just wandered."

"Well then we need a taxi." Stephen pulled out his cell and called for a taxi. 

"Oh you don't have to-" I tried to say when Stephen put his hand up.

"I am not letting you try and find your flat alone." Stephen insisted. 

It only took about ten minutes to find my flat. 

When we arrived, Stephen got out of the taxi and met me around the other side of the car. He walked me to the door, still insisting it was for safety. I just smiled up at him and shook my head. It doesn't matter the man, they also have to be macho.

"Thank you. Night." I unlocked the door and went inside. When I closed the door behind me, I leaned against. I was dying. I spent the night talking to Stephen Mulhern. It was one of the best nights of my life. 

In that instant, I knew there was another thing I had to do. I decided the hell, I will only be in London once in my life so why not live it up.

I threw the door open and ran out onto the street before Stephen got into the taxi. I ran around the car and stood in front of him.

He looked down at me with confusion.

"There's just something I've always wanted to do." I said quickly. 

I grabbed Stephen's collar and pulled him down to me and kissed him. I released him just as fast and smiled at him. 

"Better than I imagined." I smiled and turned around to skip away. 

I found that I couldn't move very far as there was something pulling on the ties of my dress. 

"What the-" I turned around to find my dress was being tugged on by Stephen. He looked at me, but said nothing. 

He pulled on the ties of my dress causing me to move closer to him and he wrapped one arm around me. Before I could register what was happening, he lifted my chin and pressed his lips on mine. 

Something washed over me and before I could stop myself I mumbled in his lips, "Do you want to come upstairs?"

Stephen pulled away and looked down at me. There was something in his eyes..a wanting..a wanting that stirred me in places that had not been stirred in awhile. He didn't say anything. Still keeping his eyes on me, he handed the taxi driver some money, grabbed my hand and pulled me to the door of my flat.