Heart

To be honest, I cannot even completely remember what happened between leaving the ITV studios and returning to  my flat on the other side of town. It was like a dream, sitting in the car next to Stephen, wrapped in his arms with him kissing my head. These last two days have been like a dream. It's hard to believe that it has only been two days. It has been a perfect holiday so far.

                                                                    -----------------------------------

I woke up Sunday morning with a smile. The sun was shining throughout the room. I rolled toward the window, reaching for Stephen, to find an empty bed. I sat up and looked around the room and toward the bathroom. There was no sound coming from anywhere. 

I pulled the covers up and held my knees, thinking about the past two days and how wonderful they had been when I noticed a piece of paper on the floor. I  leaned over the edge of the bed, almost falling over, to grab the paper. 

The paper smelled of Stephen's cologne, as if he sprayed it directly on the paper. I smiled at the smell, but unfolded the paper cautiously.

Maggie, 

I had to leave for work. You looked too peaceful and adorable to wake. 

I leave work at 12pm. Meet me at the Corner Country Cafe at 12:30pm. 

S xx

That's when I remembered Sunday was Heart Radio. I grabbed my cellphone from the night stand and turned on the Heart Radio app that I listened to every Sunday. I plugged in my earbuds like always and leaned back on the pillows to listen to Stephen and Emma banter. 

"Morning Stephen. You're looking rather cheerful today." Emma started the show off.

"Gooood Morning Emma. I am pretty happy today." Stephen replied. 

I always loved listening to Stephen's voice on the radio; his laugh always made me weak in the knees. 

Emma was laughing at Stephen as she started the first set of songs. 

"Alright, we're back and I was just trying to get Stephen to confess why he is so happy today. It can't be cause he thinks Stephen Eats is cancelled..because it's not." Emma laughed.

"Oh, don't ruin it. We just started. We are not doing Stephen Eats. I am not up for it today. Will just ruin my plans." Stephen whined.

"Oh, and what plans are those? And you don't have a say about Stephen Eats; you know that. Might as well give up now. I have something good today." Emma teased.

"Oh no, " Stephen moaned.

I laughed. As much as I knew Stephen hated "Stephen Eats," it was one of my favorite parts of the show. I probably should not tell him that at lunch. 

"So what do you have planned today, Stephen?" Emma said casually when the next set of songs finished. 

"I am going to take my girl on a tour of the castle ruins out in the country, " Stephen said off-hand, clearly not paying attention to what he just said. The radio air went silent for a moment. 

I sat on the bed waiting for some kind of response from Emma or Stephen.

"Your girl?" Emma said curiously.

The air was silent for what felt like a long time. I just sat on the bed, waiting. I don't know what I was expecting, but I was curious to hear what he would say.

"I have met someone. It has been fantastic." Stephen's voice was happy and clearly final so as to hint to Emma to not ask anymore questions.

I sat there with my earbuds in my ears, filling with a warm happiness. 

I listened to the show a bit longer before getting ready for my lunch date with Stephen. Unfortunately, as always, "Stephen Eats" was at the end of the show and I was going to miss it. I felt a moment of shame when I considered being late to our lunch date just so I could listen longer. 

As I locked the flat and started down the street for a taxi, it was hard not to feel like a teenager with butterflies in my stomach and the excitement of meeting the boy that just said I was his girl. Dare I say, I even had a little skip in my step.