Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I had been texting Justin pretty much all night yesterday, he helped take my mind off of Vic for the whole night. Now that it was Saturday, I was excited and nervous about my date. I mean, it's normal to have some butterflies in the tummy, and I was glad that I was feeling this way again about someone other than Vic. Vic was confusing, and made my head hurt, Justin I understood, he was simple. Although I had been texting him for most of this morning, out of nowhere he stopped talking to me. I guess I didn't want to come off as annoying or clingy so I didn't bother double texting him, and I chalked it up to just him being busy with something anyways.

I was pacing back and forth the front door, waiting for the right time to leave. The beach was within walking distance and would only take me 10 minutes to get there. I didn't want to leave too early and be waiting around but waiting here was also driving me insane. I managed to convince my mom that I was going to the library to do some research for homework, since she had no reason not to believe me she didn't seem to care.

"Kellin what are you doing?" My mother asked me curiously, I guess this did look sort of suspicious since I was waiting around the front door.

"Uh nothing, just was checking to make sure I had everything," I lied quickly "Bye mom"

"Be back by 9!" She yelled at me while I closed the door.

I began walking down the road, feeling slightly better than I had moments ago. I completely ignored the fact the I was walking right past Vic's house. And I also completely ignored the fact that I could hear him talking in his garage. I picked up the pace, not wanting to be noticed. I wasn't that stealthy because as soon as I passed his house he stopped talking. I knew he could see me and I made the dumb mistake and glanced back, I made eye contact with him for a moment before snapping my gaze back in front of me and continued walking. His eyes seemed so dull and emotionless, then again, he was always emotionless.

I'm naturally a fast walker, so soon enough I was sitting on a bench at the beach, waiting for Justin. The sun was still up but it was slowly going to start setting soon, if I do so say myself this is a pretty cheesy and romantic place to have a first date. Not that I mind, I've always been a bit of a hopeless romantic. I looked around and watched the other people on the beach, families, couples, and friends. I was envious of their lives honestly. They seemed so happy and content, smiling and laughing with each other. I tore my gaze from there, not wanting to depress myself any further. Stop over thinking Kellin, dammit! I sighed and leaned back, where's Justin anyways?

~

My legs were bouncing in nerves as I sat on the bench. I didn't want to admit it, but Justin stood me up. I had been waiting on the beach for 5 hours, and so far, zip from Justin. It was nearing on 9pm and I knew I had to be home soon. For some reason I didn't want to leave though, I felt naïve and dumb for actually trusting Justin. I knew practically nothing about him and yet here I was, ready to completely throw myself at him! I guess Vic was right, I was kind of desperate. With that in mind, I stood up and brushed my hands off on my khakis. I turned to start heading home when I was met face to face, with Justin.

"Oh," I uttered out, not sure what to say.

"Look, I just felt like you needed an explanation." He paused, waiting for me to say something. When I didn't he continued, "I wanted to come but I couldn't"

"Couldn't?" I interjected

"Well, yeah Vic told me I couldn't"

"Vic!" I yelled in shock, that bastard! "He's not the boss of me? We're not even friends-" I felt like I was defending myself "Why would you do that?"