Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Although I wasn't much of a party person, usually, I was especially excited for this one. Perhaps it was because it's Vic's. Or, perhaps it's because I was excited to show him his gift. The entire week went by in such a blur, Vic and I didn't get to have much alone time because I was working at the music store and he was, well, I guess working too. I never realized how much he actually works until now, when we were just friends with benefits he was always the one calling me in his free time, now I kind of understand how having a relationship while running a drug business is challenging. However tonight we were both off, considering yesterday was Vic's real birthday I surprised him with a cake, of course he was working late though so when he finally did see the cake it was night and I was sound asleep on the couch. I tried to wait up for him, I really did. Vic was nice enough though to let me sleep, and now here I am, still lying on the couch, but with a soft fuzzy blanket draped over me.

I slowly rolled myself to create momentum to help myself get up. When my feet hit the cold wood flooring I instantly wanted to lie back onto the couch and under that blanket of warmth, but I didn't. Instead I followed the smell of bacon and toast until I was in the kitchen, looking at Mikes bare back. He didn't hear me come in so I sat on a chair at the island and rested my elbows on the table, taking in a deep breath. I wondered where Vic was, probably sleeping, considering it was a late night. I contemplated on finding him and waking him up but decided against it, I wasn't even sure what time it was.

"Hey Mike" I said, finally getting his acknowledgement.

"Oh, hey Kell, how was your sleep?" He asked me nicely, the Fuentes are such chill people. My parents don't even have a nickname for me.

"Fine thanks" I answered him "What time is it?"

"10:30" he began "You can go wake Vic up if you want, he's upstairs."

I hopped off the chair and made my way up. I put my ear against the door to listen if he was awake, but I heard nothing. So, I proceeded to open to door slowly and peek in through the small gap I created. Vic was lying on his bed sprawled out, wearing only his boxers, his bed sheet was on the floor and only covering one foot. I couldn't help but let out a laugh at the sight that was Vic. Even though he seemed like a guy that had it all together, it was nice seeing him like this, seeing him be a normal messy teenager. I walked into his room and shut the door behind me quietly, not wanting to startle him out of his sleep. I lightly tapped his arm to get his attention, nothing. I shook his arm, nothing.

"Are you serious?" I whispered under my breath. I poked his cheek to which his head twitched, finally a reaction, that's when I heard him say something. Is Vic really talking in his sleep? I put my face closer to his.

"kkkss" he muttered out, his voice still not audible. I moved closer, my ear right above his mouth. "kiss me" he whispered.

"Oh my god Vic." I stood up and hit his arm, he began to laugh and opened his eyes. "Really?" I chuckled and shook my head. Vic sat up and looked at me, his eyes slightly closed from smiling.

"Hey come here" He urged me and grabbed my hand, pulling me down to his level. "Good morning" he leaned in and kissed me softly.

"You have cute morning hair" I commented when we pulled away from the kiss.

"Yeah you think so?" He started posing for me, doing all sorts of dumb but cute facial expressions.

"You're a goof" I chuckled

"I'm your goof" He fell back onto his bed, I found myself smiling at his comment, he was mine.

"C'mon, breakfast is ready" I patted his arm and walked out the room, hopping down the stairs two at a time. I could hear him shuffling in his room and soon heard his door slam shut. I walked back into the kitchen to see Mike dishing up 3 plates, he glanced up at me and gave me a quick smile. Vic turned the corner and his face lit up, he had this huge smile spread across his face.