18: Letters from Serin

Daniel woke up because of someone shake him by his shoulder. He fell asleep while waiting for Serin to wake up.

"Daniel, go home. I'll take care everything here." Serin's father spoke as he pulled another chair beside Serin's ward.

"No, I want to be here when Serin wake up" Daniel insisted and looked at sleeping Serin inside the ward.

The old man raffles Daniel hair giving him an amusing smile. Amused at how passionate Daniel's love for her daughter.

"go, son. Serin will not like it if she see you this tired. And bring that box over there with you." the man pointed at the box placed at a table beside the ward.

Daniel wanted to protest but since it is Serin's father it sound like it was an oreder and he have to do it. He get the box, and said his goodbye to the elder he even promise that he will come tomorrow morning, and he only receive a smile from the other.

He picked a taxi that will drive him home as he exited the hospital. He nearly forgot about the box when he got tl be stucked into a traffic jam while he was watching the treet ny the window as rain pouring outside. He only realize it when he accidentally hit it with his hand and the box fell below the car seat.

White scented envelope were scattered. He picked them together, and saw his name in front, with his home address and even a date. It looked like a post letter. He check the envelope one by one, to find the oldest one. He immediately ripped the side pf the envelope when he found it.

My Daniel,
America feels weird! my day one has just ended and it's 10:20 in the evening here. The hospital is really cool but it's still feel weird. Probably, beacuse you are not here, to tell me some silly stories. I only slightly feel happy because my nurse is really funny, she have a strong sense of humor and I really like her. Don't be jealous, love. It still you that I love.

Papa said I am so old fashionated to write a letter, rather than sending you a message by e-mail. It's not old fashionated it's called effort. Look at my penmanship it is so ugly? can you still read it? It might be because I can't feel any strength at my hands. My nurse said it is normal because of the medication. I really miss you right now, even though it is just my first day here.

Dont be sad, my Daniel. I will see you as soon as I can. Please wait for me.

-Your Serin