Baby's Midnight Cry

"My help?" Illumi spoke.

"Yeah." Killua affirmed as he viewed his missing person flyer dance before his eyes in the wind until the breeze ceased, dropping the paper into a stagnant pond a few feet in front of him. A team of ducks paddled near to inspect the mysterious object. Some of the baby ducklings pecked at it believing it was food then disregarded the item when discovering that it wasn't. "I need you to help me find Hisoka to get Gon back." he added as he stood up and grabbed the soaked paper out from the water to toss it in the recycling bin near the bench, sitting back down on the wooden area awaiting the other's response.

A soft hum was heard as the man considered his sibling's request. "For what purpose? I believe that Gon is well off now." he ensured.

Killua furrowed his eyebrows following Illumi's response. The reply didn't bode well with him. "Now? What do you mean by that?" the boy interrogated as he absentmindly began to pick at a exposed woodchip from the bench beneath him.

"I told Hisoka of the methods I used to do when you were an infant." he stated.

Killua's hand suddenly pressed down on the bench in reflex of the horrid response, making the woodchip push into his skin as a splinter. "Fu- Ah!" He cursed under his breath as he struggled to get the piece out from his finger pad.

"Killu. You there." Illumi looked at his screen to make sure the call wasn't dropped, then placed it back against his ear. "Killu." he repeated, then suddenly heavy breathing was invited into his ear canal.

"Are you crazy?! That's going to kill him!" Killua yelled as he roughly ran his hands through his snowy mane in incredulity and began to pace about.

"Hm. I suppose. However that's a chance I'm willing to take." he answered.

"You aren't taking any chances!" The boy retorted angrily.

"I know. I just want him gone." Illumi stated honestly.

Killua pinched the bridge of his nose from his brother's blunt statement. "Look, look. Please just bring me to him and I'll... do a favor for you." he uttered hesitantly.

"A favor." Illumi repeated with a hint of interest in his tone.

"Yes. But! You can only use it for one day only. One!" Killua made sure to emphasize as well as pointed a sole finger up in the air. Not that Illumi could see it anyway, he just felt better if he did for reassurance.

"Deal." Ilumi said immediately as though it were a quick time event before the option was no longer available.

"Deal?" Killua questioned a bit taken aback from how fast he responded.

"Deal." the man restated. "Meet me at Gurë Cafe in the morning and we will discuss further." Illumi directed and with a click he was gone from the call.

Killua stopped pacing and brought his phone away from his ear, sighing in defeat.

He knew he was going to regret this.

                          X

After such an eventful day all Hisoka wanted to do was get knocked out for eternity. He questioned if he ever behaved like this as a kid, beginning to feel slightly bad for his parents... slightly.

He looked at the baby in his arms inquiring if Gon should sleep with him. However, he didn't want to roll on the child in his sleep and flatten him. From common sense that wouldn't give him a long life that he had hoped for.

The magician hummed in thought. Well, He did have a guest room that was never used. He assumed he can place the baby in there.

Hisoka sauntered towards the room and reached his free hand out to the doorknob, turning it a tad and invited himself in.

"This will do~♣" he said, viewing the bed at the center of the room. He went over to it and gently placed Gon onto the mattress and tucked him under the covers.

"Night~♣" he whispered as he slowly closed the guest room door to head back towards his bedroom. The magician went off to bed and slept soundly.

That is until a loud cry encompassed the house in the middle of the night. The man groggily threw the sheets off of himself and rose to his original height. Golden eyes drifted to the clock set on top of his nightstand. Hisoka sighed upon viewing the time.

His feet carried him towards the source of the sound and opened the door that contained it. Gon was on his knees crying and rubbing at his eyes tiredly. He stopped as soon as he saw the man near the doorway through blurry vision. A suddenly now ecstatic Gon brought both of his hands up and attempted to reach Hisoka even though he were feet away him. Chubby fingers clenched and unclenched as they conveyed that the boy wanted to be carried in the other's arms.

Hisoka slowly walked to him and picked him up. Golden eyes fell hard on Gon.

"I said night so you should be asleep.~♠" the man tried to reason, but was answered with a bunch of incoherent words jumbled together.

Gon nuzzled against Hisoka's chest, burying his face in the man's clothes as he quickly returned to his colorful dreams.

Hisoka yawned and let his weight gingerly fall onto the bed to not disturb the child's shut-eye. The man placed himself in a sitting position as he let his head rest against the head board which wasn't remotely comfortable, but was the only way to allow Gon to sleep with him without crushing the kid.

Drowsily, Hisoka stared blankly at the undecorative wall in front of him."You are a handful... do you know that?..."  Hisoka trailed off as he fell into deep slumber.