Chp. 4

Summer seemed to pass by for the youngest Malfoy because soon enough, she was heading to get on the train with her cousin right beside her. "Promise to take care of each other?" Elliana Malfoy, mother of Alexandria Malfoy asked both of them before they could get on the train.

~~~~

Sighing, Alexandria nodded. "Yes mum. We'll take care of each other. We'll also stay out of Elizabeth's way as she seems to be planning my murder." Alex trailed off as she peeked a look at her red headed cousin that was a little ways away talking to uncle Fred. "Have fun on the Quidditch pitch and show them that Hufflepuff can beat their ar-" Draco was cut off as Elliana smacked a hand over his mouth to which he glared at her, causing Alex to giggle.

"I'll be fine. Nathan has my back and so does Alice. I'll let you know if anything happens. Love you mum, love you Dad. See you possibly over Christmas break." With that, she hugged them tightly as Nathan hugged his parents and everyone else tightly. With that, they walked onto the train and found an empty compartment immediately. "Nate, can you put this up for me?" Alex questioned, seeing as her 5'2 self couldn't reach the area they put their stuff. Nathan smirked but nodded before putting her bag on top of the bars hanging over them.

Soon, their compartment door flew open as the train began moving. Glaring, Alice marched in and sat down opposite of Nathan and Alexandria. Tilting her head to the side curiously, she spoke the question they'd silently been wondering for the past five minutes that she stayed silent. "What's wrong?" That was how Nathan and Alex found themselves in a rant about Zabini and his followers all the way till they got to the castle.

"I'm surprised you didn't punch them in the face. The bloody gits deserve it." Nathan mumbled as the trio walked into the Great Hall. "Well Nathan, I didn't want to get arrested for animal abuse." This caused them to all snort and giggle, Alexandria shaking her head as a smile tugged at her lips. "Of course Alice." She laughed as they waited for twenty first years to be sorted. Finally, it was time for the feast. "About time!" Nathan called out as he began devouring a chicken leg. Smiling, Alex rolled her eyes. "Honestly Nathan, where are your manners?" She teased as he had managed to get chicken skin on his robe.

Blushing, he grumbled before picking it off of his shirt and putting it on the plate as they waited for Professor McGonagall to end the start of term banquet off on a good note. Smiling, she walked off with Alice and Nathan behind her once they were allowed to leave the Great Hall. "I need to study." Alice stated as she did the correct pattern on the barrels. Raising an eyebrow, Alex shook her head. "We only just got back and she's studying. Mental that one, I'm telling you." Nathan laughed as he sat by Alex on the couch.

"She is our best friend and she loves herbology, even if she did faint last year." Alex stated, making Nathan shrug. "Anyway, I'm going to head up to the girls dorm, quite tired if I do say so myself." She said as she hugged Nathan. "G'night" they both said before Alex headed up the dorms to her bed. Once there, she said goodnight to Alice before climbing into the bed and slowly, she felt sleep take over.

●●●

Waking up the next day, Alexandria walked into the girls showers and began showering. Washing her hair to get the greasy feel out of it, she started thinking about what this year held for them. Sighing, she rinsed out her hair, got dressed and walked downstairs, leaving her natural ombré brown to platinum blonde hair to dry itself. Once downstairs, she saw Nathan and Alice. "Hey" she said and went to stand by them. Smiling, they walked with her and headed out of the painting towards the Great Hall. Suddenly, Alexandria heard someone call her name.

"Malfoy!" Shd looked over and saw Rebecca at the Hufflepuff table before smiling and walking over. "Hey." She stated as she saw her Quidditch team mates. "Didn't forget your team mates did you?" She teased, causing Alex to roll her eyes. "Of course not." Nathan raised an eyebrow as Alice asked who they were. "Oh right." She mumbled, forgetting she hardly ever said their names.

"This is Jonah Finnigan, the twin Finnigan's older brother, he's a beater and a fourth year." Alexandria started, pointing to a boy with messy brown hair and green eyes that winked at Alice which in turn Nathan glare as she blushed. "This is Abby Logan, daughter of Daphne Greengrass and a pureblood from America named James Logan, she's a chaser and in fourth year." Abby had brown hair and brown eyes which were currently crinkled because of her laughing at something the guy next to her said.

"That's Larinzo Scamander, son of Luna Lovegood and Rolf Scamander, he's the other beater. He's in fifth year." She stated, pointing at the guy that made Abby laugh. He had platinum blonde hair and green eyes. "That's Michael Wood, older brother of Rebecca wood and son of Oliver Wood, he's a chaser. He's also a seventh year." Michael looked exactly like his father, save for the eyes; instead of brown, they were green.

"This here is Sabrina Gomez, daughter of Rosalie and Ezekiel Gomez. She has two older brothers; one brother is in fourth year, the other in fifth. She's a chaser and in third year." Pointing at a beautiful girl with light caramel skin, black curly hair, and brown eyes, she smiled at the three of them. "Last but not least, our keeper, Rebecca Wood. Daughter of Oliver wood and younger sister of Michael Wood. She's a sixth year." Alexandria said while turning to the Hufflepuff keeper who had blonde hair and brown eyes. Smiling, she scooted over for them to sit with her.

"Well hi" Nathan said as he sat beside Sabrina who offered a kind smile as Alice sat next to Jonah. Deciding on allowing them to talk to the other Quidditch members, Alex went and sat by Rebecca. "So, are you ready for Quidditch?" Rebecca questioned, smiling as she looked up at her, cheeks filled with pancakes. Swallowing, she nodded. "Yes, I can't wait to wipe the ground with Slytherins' face." She mumbled angrily as Rebecca laughed.

"Of course, of course. Well anyway, we have a game in a month so practice starts this Saturday at 6 o'clock sharp." She stated, making her smile. Nodding, she finished eating before she received her time table.

Potions (with Slytherin)
Transfiguration (with Ravenclaw)
Charms (with Gryffindor)
Lunch
Herbology (with Slyherin)
Break

Smiling, Alex turned to Alice and Nathan to see what classes they shared. They, unsurprisingly, had all the same classes. Sighing, Alex grabbed her stuff and began heading towards potions with Alice and Nathan by her side. Once in, she began to sit down before she was told they'd be partnering up. Alex glared at Professor Ozarka, knowing he had something up his sleeve.

"Orion Parkinson and Alice Longbottom." Alex saw as Ali's face went from shocked, to scared, to angry in a matter of seconds. Scowling, the brown haired girl sat beside the black haired boy who matched her scowl. "Jasminé Zabini and Nathan Granger-Weasley." Both of them scowled this time as it seemed Alexandria's cousin would sit with Xavier Zabini's cousin. Alex smiled until she heard her name being called. "Alexandria Malfoy and Xavier Zabini." Her eyes widened before she slowly took a seat by him, shocked and angered.

'I'm screwed' she thought as Professor Ozarka continued on with naming students to pair together before they began working on The Hair Raising potion.