Chapter 6

It was quiet in the Hufflepuff girls dorm as Aloce was doing homework and Alexandria was reading about "Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them".

"You do remember you have detention, right?" Alice asked once they were in the dorms. Alexandria widened her eyes before dropping her book and running out, hearing her best friend laugh at her as she rushed through the barrels. Racing down the corridors and down the stairs, dodging the ones that changed, she finally came to a stop outside of professor Ozarka's classroom. Knocking, Alexandria walked in and saw him writing down something.

"Ms. Malfoy, you should wait for-" he stopped talking once he saw what she was wearing. Her wolf shirt which was two sized too big and black Nike shorts. "Ms. Malfoy, where are your school robes?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow as she blushed and looked down, playing with the hem of her shirt. That was the exact moment Xavier walked in and raised an eyebrow at her choice of clothing. "You see sir, I may have forgotten about detention so Alice reminded me and I ran down here as fast as I could." Professor Ozarka sighed and rubbed his temples. "You and Mr. Zabini will be cleaning the cauldrons by hand." With that, he left as Xavier rolled his eyes.

Sighing, Alexandria walked to the cauldrons and began cleaning them while Xavier looked around bored. "Well? Are you going to help or not?" She questioned, only to receive a hateful glare. "Don't glare at me like that. It's not my fault, it's yours. You're the one that was too stubborn to talk to me so don't even try blaming it on me." Was all she said with a roll of her eyes, trying to quickly finish. "If you would have talked to me, then I wouldn't have added the ingredient before it was time." He countered. Alexandria felt anger flare in her chest as she glared at him. "Just help me already." She grumbled, scrubbing a cauldron with black ink stuck to it.

It was around twelve forty when Xavier and Alexandria finished cleaning the cauldrons. Professor Ozarka wasn't back yet so she assumed that they could leave. As Xavier and Alexandria left, they saw McGonagall walking towards them. Alexandria mentally groaned, just wanting to go back to her dorm to sleep. "Ms. Malfoy, Mr. Zabini! What are you two doing out of bed?" She questioned with a raise of her eyebrow. "Sorry professor but we had detention with professor Ozarka." She stated to which she nodded. "Carry on then, off to bed. The both of you." With that, Alexandria turned left to go up the stairs to get to the hall with the Hufflepuff common room and Xavier turned right to go to the Slytherins' common room.

Once to the barrel, she knocked the pattern three times before the stone wall came undone and she could climb up the stairs to her dorm. Once there, she collapsed and fell asleep instantly, exhausted from the days work.

~~

Feeling herself get prodded awake, Alexandria opened her eyes and saw blue eyes staring back into her gray ones. Screaming, a hand covered her mouth as laughter and footsteps could be heard. "What's going on? Are you okay?" Rebecca questioned as she burst through the door with Lainey by her side, wands drawn. "I'm okay." She muttered, her hand over her heart as it thumped at an irregular beat. "Why'd you scream then?" Lainey questioned, wearing her Hufflepuff robes in disarray as if she didn't have time to fully fix it

"Because Ali woke me up and she was standing right in front of me, her eyes looking into mine. It was creepy." Alexandria said with a glare pointed towards Alice who smiled triumphantly. "You're welcome." All three girls snickered while she rolled her eyes, getting out of bed and heading to the showers.

Peeling off her night clothes, she stepped into the shower and relaxed as the warm water cascaded down her back. Once her hair and body was washed, Alexandria stepped out and dried off before putting the required uniform and her school robe on.. Walking out, she saw Nathan going down the stairs. "Hey Nate!" She called out, gaining his attention immediately. "Yes?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Wait for Alice. She should be com-" Alexandria was interrupted as she felt someone drag both Nathan and her down the rest of the flights of stairs. As they fell to the ground, Alexandria groaned knowing that the way she landed would leave a mark. Turning her head a little bit, she saw brown hair, immediately knowing it was Alice. "Bloody hell!" Nathan cursed, using all his strength to push Alice off of them as she smiled. "Merlin's big left saggy b-" Nathan slapped a hand over her mouth as she glared at Alice.

"Sorry, meant to just jump a little bit but I tripped." She said with a sheepish smile as Alexandria rolled her eyes for the hundrrth time since knowing Alice. "Sorry my arse. I'm gonna have a bruise in a few hours thanks to you." She grumbled, wincing as she stood up. "Oh well. Now, let's go get breakfast!" Alice chirped happily, causing Nathan and Alexandria to groan. As they walked to the Great Hall, she realized that she forgot her Herbology homework.

"Hey, I'll catch up with you guys. Save me a spot, I forgot my homework." Raising an eyebrow, they both nodded as she walked off down the corridors. Turning the corner, Alexandria ran into someone. Closing her eyes and waiting for impact, it never came. Feeling warm hands on her lower back, she peeked up to see warm dark blue eyes staring into her steeling silver, making her feel lightweight. Shaking her head, Alexandria pulled herself away from the hold and fell back onto her behind. "Watch where you're going Malfoy," the owner of the voice stated and Aldxandria narrowed her eyes. "Don't make this a yearly thing. Now move, you stupid Half-blood." Xavier walked off before she could say anything. Sighing, she shook her head.

Walking back though the barrels then upstairs, she grabbed her papers and then waled back downstairs and out the barrels as they rolled back into place as she made her way towards the Hufflepuff table. As she sat down, Nathan and Alice gave her questioning looks. Raising an eyebrow, Alexandria looked at both of them. "What?" She asked, feeling self-conscious. "You look like you just saw a God" Nathan wondered out loud as Alice nodded in agreement. "Your face is also red and your eyes are dilated... Who do you fancy?" Alicd questioned. Blushing more, Alexandria shook her head 'no'. "Awe, come on! I'm your best friend. He's your cousin! We won't say anything." Sighing in defeat, she looked to make sure no one was listening before whispering to both of them across the table "I think Zabini is pretty cute." It was silent for a minute before... "WHAT?!" Alice shouted, causing it to go dead silent and everyone to stare. "Shhh!!!" Alexandria shushed her, cheeks red with embarrassment as Nathan starred at her in shock.

"Bloody hell Alexandria" Nathan whispered. "What if uncle Draco finds out? What about uncle Harry? My parents?" Nathan ranted before Anna smacked him upside the head. "Thanks" "no problem." Looking at both of them, she shook her head. "They won't find out because we won't tell them. Okay?" Sighing, Alice and Nathan nodded. "Okay. Good. Now, let's head to class." Finishing her goblet of pumpkin juice, they stood up and walked out. As they walked past the double doors, she could feel a pair of eyes burning into her back. Turning back around for one last look, she caught sight of dark blue eyes staring back at her gray eyes.