Chapter Seven

"Jungkook! Can you tell me where are we going!?"

"Shut up and follow me. It's a surprise."

Jimin didn't have any choice but to keep going after Jungkook, who walked secure across the city's dark and deserted streets; since it was late night only a few cars speeded in circulation. Jimin trusted him no matter what, even though he didn't have any ideas of where they were going. They passed from blocks in blocks until they reached the outskirts, city lights suffused behind their shoulders. Suddenly Jungkook stopped the run and, turning around, looked at Jimin with an amused expression.

"Close your eyes. Don't look for any reason."

"Why?" replied Jimin now a little scared.

"I'm your guide, right?" reassured Jungkook. "Give me your hand."

Jimin, anxious, offered his sweating hand to the other boy who encircled it in his, and after that he closed his eyes. The desire to look was so tempting.

They turned left, then right, and changed direction a few more times. At one point Jimin didn't feel the cold and tough cement under his feet anymore: instead it was a grainy soft terrain.

"Come here." Jungkook grabbed Jimin's arm to place him in a precise position. "On three, open your eyes."

"Wait! It's not gonna hurt right?"
Jungkook chuckled. "Open your eyes and you'll find out."
Jimin, with trembling lips, managed to say a feeble yes. Than, the other guy started to count.

"One...two...three!"

The angel opened his eyes, and had to blink a few times before realizing where he was. In front of him he saw an enormous stretch of water, rippled by waves that made foam, Vault of Heaven's perfect reflection. The sky was bright than ever that night so he could recognize every constellation, all gathered around their beautiful queen, the moon. Jimin felt so small right before the limitless sight, a tiny particle of cosmos. He was speechless. His eyes became wide, as if they wanted to hug every stars of the universe.

Jungkook stared at him while the sea breeze made his hair go frizzy. He carried Jimin there because he wanted to do something concrete for him, since he wasn't so present in these days. He wanted to see him smile.

"You told me that you missed home, so I thought to come here."

"Oh my God... it's like I'm part of the sky again!" exclaimed Jimin amazed. "Thank you!"

All of a sadden, at the thought that Jimin could disappear at any moment scared Jungkook to death, his heart clenched under a chokehold. They met cause to an inesplicable reason and now he felt more connected with this stranger than anyone else, his family included. It's like Jimin was his little personal miracle, although Jungkook never believed in this kind of things. The angel was there, on Heart, to complete his formation but instead he gave Jungkook more than he imagined: Jimin was wrong to think that Jungkook saved him, because it happened the other way around. And for this, there weren't enough thanks.

Jimin, noticing that Jungkook's face became gloomy, got closer to him worried. "What's wrong Jeonggukkie?"

"I'm happy you're here." replied the other serious, looking straight in Jimin's bright eyes. "I'm really happy."

Jimin let his hand wander, brushing Jungkook's cheek gently. "Me too."

Their looks chained togheter for a few minutes like magnets, the sound of the two pounding hearts echoed in the fresh air.

Jungkook recovered, disarranged by a mishmash of emotions.
"It's late. Let's go home."

***

I can't sleep

I can't sleep.

That box was absolutely too uncomfortable for Jimin: it was cold and stiff, he kept shaking his feathers with no rest. The little bird gazed fixedly over the desk, at the fluffy bed where Jungkook seemed to sleep deeply.

He won't notice anything.

Jimin turned into a human and thanks to God the flash didn't wake Jungkook up. Light on his feet, he laid on the bed right next to him, his head leaned on his plam while he bore on the elbow.

Jimin loved watching him sleeping. He did it several times during his permanence in the house, and Jungkook never noticed it. His messy dark hair, the pale eyelids, his thin eyelashes which formed faint shadows on his cheeks... it was all so attractive. The half-closed lips revealed briefly his adorable bunny teeth, and thanks to his calm hot breath Jimin felt in peace, safe. Jungkook was truly handsome. If he was an angel, he would be the most beautiful of heaven. Sometimes he was stubborn and had an icy behavior like a dark angel, but part of him was usually hidden away to people: he was a nice guy. His laugh was worth more than hundred angelic choirs.

Tu-tum.

What's this?

Jimin clinged his shirt right under his heart that started to beat wildly. The blood in his veins warmed up and his cheeks tinged with light pink. What was that feeling? It was intense, warm, overwhelming.

Jungkook snorted softly but he didn't wake up. The moonlight that seeped in the window stood out his milky skin similar to porcelain, so much that Jimin had the impulse to touch him to see if he was a real person or not. He brought his face closer to Jungkook's, he could smell his cologne. He didn't know what a kiss was, but instinctively moved his lips towards his.

"Jimiiiin."

Oh no.

"Jungkook!? Are you awake!?" exclaimed Jimin in panic.

"No. What were you doing?" Jungkook talked with eyes still closed. Was it possible that he was always been awake?

"N-n-nothing I swear! Sorry, I j-just return to my box now..."

"No, wait." said Jungkook grabbing gently on his wrist. "You can stay if you want."

Jimin, surprised, silently nodded and placed himselft under the sheets. He leaned his head against Jungkook's collarbone, in that way his ear was on his chest and could listen direcly to the heartbeat.

Jungkook's arm clinged to the angelic waist like he was a peluche. Their body shapes were exactly complementary.

"Heh. Your heart is beating loud."

"Shut up and sleep now."