#5

"I Should Of Done That A Long Time Ago"

5th: Scenario: Doug wants to re-date Evie, and Mal gets more protective than normal. And, let's just say, Evie does something she should of done a long time ago.

Knock Knock

"You get that," Mal stated, flipping the page in her magic book. Evie sat at the table in the middle of the room, her homework spread out.

"Such a lazy dragon," Evie mumbled, getting up and opening the door. "Doug."

"Hey, Evie, could I come in?" Doug nervously asked, pushing his glasses back up his nose. He walked in, looking around the room. He turned around and looked at Evie longingly.

"What do you want?" Evie boredly asked, folding her arms and bit her tounge, keeping back all the swear words she wanted to call him.

"Listen, I just think we shouldn't of broken up," Doug nervously stated, Mal eyeing him suspiciously.

"Doug..."

"No, I'm serious, you... your perfect for me, and unlike Chad, I deser-"

"Oh shut up, Prince Charming, your no better than Chad," Mal snapped, shutting her book loudly. Both Evie and Doug looked at her, Evie's face full of relief, Doug's full of frustration.

"And why do you have a say in this?" Doug asked, a hint of anger in his voice, his eyes not leaving the intimidating green.

"Because she's my best friend and roommate," Evie answered, Doug's eyes snapping to hers. He looked at her desperately, stepping forward and reaching his arms out to Evie's waist. "Don't," Evie said, putting her finger out to stop his lips from reaching hers.

"Why not? Your not seeing anyone," Doug shrugged, his arms falling to his sides.

"She may not, but at least she has dignity to say no to her ex," Mal cut in, standing from her bed and walking over next to Evie. "There's not a lot of things I like here, but this girl is on the top of the list," Mal stated, grabbing Doug by the back of his shirt and dragged him to the door. "Bye Charming."

The door slammed after him, cutting off the thing he was saying.

"You really like me more than strawberries?" Evie asked, putting an exaggerated hand on her chest. "I'm so surprised."

"Hard for me to admit, but, yeah, I like you that much," Mal answered, walking back over to her bed. Evie followed, sitting next to her and intertwining their fingers.

"Thank you Mal, I don't know what I'd do without you," Evie said, resting her head on Mal's shoulder, Mal's thumb running softly over Evie's knuckles.

"Same back to you."

"How would you feel if I said thank you?" Evie asked, looking up at the confusion on the smaller girls face.

"You just did."

"Did I?" Evie asked before moving her other hand to grip Mal's shirt, the purple haired girl's cheeks flushing red.

"W-what are y-you d-doing?" Mal asked, Evie leaning more into her.

"Saying thank you," Evie answered, her voice raspy. She leaned forward more and the girl's lips met, Mal tensing up. They pulled apart from each other and they only looked at each other for a few seconds before the silence was broken.

"Wh-why?" Mal stumbled over her words, her cheeks flushing a brighter red. Evie only giggled and let go of Mal's shirt, her hand falling on her thigh.

"Because I should of done that a long time ago," Evie answered, moving over to the bathroom. "Might want to go to sleep, we've got the Tourney game to go to tomorrow," Evie said before closing the door behind her, a bright smile appearing on her face.