07 ☂ You're Stunning

UNREVISED

That night, Marinette received a mildly alarming text while she was cooking dinner.

 Hey, I saw you in Markl's Coffee Shop earlier today. Just wanted to let you know that I think you're absolutely stunning!

"What the heck," was all Mari managed in a whisper, straightening up from where she was bending over a pot on the stove. She snatched her phone from the bench, regarding the notification like one might a baby that just started beatboxing Britney Spears' 'Toxic' – like there must've been some miscommunication between her brain and her eyes.

Alas, the message stayed where it was, a green light blinking lazily at the top of her screen to remind her that, yes, indeed, somebody had just text her. The phone even vibrated again as another message from her secret admirer came through – and she nearly shrieked and threw it into the lounge room.

Emphasis on nearly.

"Also, don't be freaked out – I got your number off your friend today..." Mari read out-loud slowly, cocking an eyebrow as she knocked a hip against the benchtop. "Dammit, Alya! Don't just give my phone number to any rando that asks!"

 My name's Théo Barbot. What's yours?

"Ahhhh!"

Chat Noir came padding out of the lounge room at her distressed shriek, Mari's wide eyes fixed on her phone, and he wound around her legs in concern.

"Are you seeing this, Chat Noir?" She cried, shoving the glowing screen in his confused, furry face. "I'm not socially equipped enough to handle this!"

Huffing like a bird with ruffled feathers, Mari made sure Alya got the most scathing text of the century. But only a few seconds later, as she was vigorously stroking Chat's back to calm her nerves, Alya only said:

 But he was hot, fam. And really sweet. Give him a chance, Mari!

"What happened to the blond boy we saw in the coffee shop today?!" She shook her phone uselessly. "Wait – is this him?"

But before she could fire off anymore messages, the pot on the stove bubbled in angry neglect.

"Ah – my caramel!"

  ☂  

After Marinette had finally exhausted herself enough to sleep, Chat Noir sat curled up on the couch, brooding in the darkness.

Oh, he was not impressed.

But at the same time, he was.

Both elation and jealousy fought a vicious battle in his heart as he glared into the shadows – from what he understood, some man (who was not him!) was chatting Marinette up on the other end of that godforsaken mobile. But at the same time...

"What happened to the blond boy we saw in the coffee shop today?"

His green eyes closed momentarily, hanging tight to the hope that Marinette hadn't remembered his human form for something bad, but instead for his incredibly good looks. It gave him a chance to entertain the idea of their whirlwind romance, picking up as soon as she lay eyes on him again.

Ah, I can see it now, he accidently let go of his feline form as he daydreamed. I bring her coffee. She thanks me. We fall deeply in love. Get married. Get another cat.

He unfolded his naked body from the cushions, and snatched up the jeans he'd stashed under the couch.

But... there's still the problem of...

 My name's Théo Barbot!

Adrien gnashed his teeth together with a hiss. First, the cat who dared cover Marinette in his scent. Then, this faceless suitor!

Wait.

Théo Barbot. Théo the cat.

Adrien nearly snapped a tooth he was clenching his jaw so hard. So he's made his move.

I'm going to have to work hard to make her mine. Many are enamored with her charms.

Adrien moved to stand in Marinette's doorway silently, drinking in the sight of her sleeping peacefully amongst her pillows. He'd thought she was beautiful awake, but he was left breathless at the sight of her defenseless, sleeping form. The crease between her brows had relaxed, the stress smoothed out from her delicate features as she lay sprawled in her sheets without a worry in the world.

Like an angel lying in a bed of clouds.

Adrien found himself forgetting his thoughts, drawing closer, his gaze tracing the lines of the moonlight across her face, down the slender column of her neck... lower. Her pyjamas had twisted as she unconsciously tossed in bed, exposing bare expanses of skin to haunt his waking dreams.

Darkness fell on her languid figure as he blocked the light streaming in from the window, bending over to trail a single finger over the arch of her cheek. Marinette's skin was soft, warm; heaven under his fingertips. And he couldn't bear to think of another man stroking it.

His glowing eyes fell on her parted lips, air moving out of them quietly as she sighed against his touch. Transfixed, he pressed a single thumb against the fullness of her bottom lip, caressing it gently.

"I will make you fall for me," Adrien vowed in dark, and brushed a light, chaste kiss against her lips.

Seal it with a kiss, mademoiselle.

You'll be mine.

    ☂    

Sorry that this chap took so longgggg

I'm dead on the inside & had to mmmMMMGGGGGG to get this finished

u feel me