20. Taken

SUGA's POV

I halted for a short moment, let out a heavy sigh then proceed to walk toward her who was waiting for me at the park.

"Hey Jihye." She instantly got off the bench and greeted me with a warm embrace.

"Yoongi-ah, what took you so long?" She pouted.
Would she be mad if I say I was too lazy to get up?

"Sorry, there was traffic." I responded shortly.

"It's okay, I'm just happy that you're finally here." Jihye smile from ear to ear.

"She told me she loves you."

Joohee's voice echoed in my head. Dammit Yoongi, you should be happy that your crush have feelings for you.

"So the reason I asked you to come out here is...." Jihye's head lowered and her eyes focused on her feet.

"You should ask her out."

The voice rings in my head again. Since I know that every advice Joohee told me was successful, if I follow this last advice I would end up with Jihye as my girlfriend. But do I want that?

Of course you do! If you miss this chance with Jihye, you'll lose her. Remember all those times you've been looking at her from the far? Today is your chance!

My mind tried to convince me, and it did.
"Jihye will you-"

"Yoongi, please be my boyfriend!" Jihye blurted out.

"Jihye, I......"

Don't say yes, Yoongi. An unknown inside voice talked to me.
But why?
I don't know, but just don't say yes.

There's too many voices in my head. My thoughts is mixed up, but I need to answer her right now. I need to make up my mind quickly.

I open my mouth, about to answer yes but not a single sound come out. So I ended up nodding.

"Thank you, Yoongi!" Jihye jumped toward me, wrapping her arms around my neck and rested her chin on my shoulder. I chuckled at her happy reaction. Congrats Yoongi, you're officially taken by the girl you have a crush on since last year.

I tried to remain happy in this situation, but I know that deep inside there's a feeling of regret in me.

But I don't know why. Just feeling regret.... for no apparent reason.
Hopefully I will find out an answer to this strange feelings as time pass.

3RD PERSON's POV

"Isn't that Yoongi?" Joohee asked herself, looking at the guy who was walking toward their apartment building.

She noticed that he was not himself. He frowned more than usual like something is bothering him. Joohee could sense that his 'I don't give a damn' aura is gone.

Seeing him like that worry her so she gather all of her courage and throw all the nervousness away and approach him.

"Sunbae, are you okay?" She fastened her steps, trying to catch up to him.

"Ah Joohee..." He stop his feet and wait for her.
"Yeah."
*I'm just a bit lost.*

"Where were you?" Yoongi asked her.

"I was with Hobi oppa, we were eating sushi together." Joohee replied.

"Tch, you refuse to eat with me and go with Hoseok instead?" Yoongi playfully frown.

"I would pick Hobi over you any day." Joohee chuckled as they got on the elevator.
"Anyway what about you. Where were you?"

"I was with Jihye."

Her smile fall as she heard that name. Joohee bit her lips when she remember about the last advice.
*No way...... are they...*

"We're officially dating now."

The smile on her face fell. Joohee's heart was working fine a moment again , but it felt like it ceased to beat now. She couldn't breath and couldn't feel her numb face either.

"R-really?" She stuttered before both of them walk out of the elevator together.

"Congratulations, sunbae." She gather all the energy she have left to fake a widen smile.
"Good for you."

"Thank you." Yoongi smile back at her while Joohee bit her lower lip to keep it from quivering.

"I uh... see you tomorrow." Joohee clumsily took out the key to here apartment. She unlock the door while avoiding eye contact with Yoongi the whole time.

"Yah, as promised I'll take you out to eat anytime you want!" Yoongi stated.

"Of course, of course! How can I forget haha?" She chuckled to cover up the sadness that she felt.

"Goodnight, Yoongi." Joohee slowly closes the door while keeping a fake smile that was still on her face.

Joohee took a deep breath when the door was locked behind her.
She was broken on the inside, injured deeply that all her energy was sapped out of her. But there was just that remaining strength in her left, urging her to smile the fact that Yoongi is now happy with the one he belongs to.

Motionless and breathless, she let her tears trickle down her cheeks, ending at her chin until they dropped down to her feet.

"How funny." She chuckled as the tears continue to flow.
"I successfully help someone with their love life and here I am crying over my one-sided love."

"But it's okay!" Joohee tried so smile then quickly wipe the tears away with the back of her hand.

"One-sided love won't last forever. Eventually I'll move on like all the second lead character in kdramas ."

A/N:

Anyone need some tissues?