four

FOUR:

Mark watched as Mia was dragged out of the Trauma room, the room falling into complete silence amongst the doctors

Mark watched as Mia was dragged out of the Trauma room, the room falling into complete silence amongst the doctors. The patient grew teary eyed, grabbing Dr. Sloan's arm.

"What was s-she talking about, Dr.?" The woman whispered towards Mark, who blinked out of the daze he was put in. He glanced over at Derek who looked back at him, concern written across his face.

The plastic surgeon turned his attention back to his patient, smiling lightly. "I'm going to have my resident stitch you up while Dr. Shepherd takes you for a head CT," Mark glances at Meredith, "I-I'm going to go talk to Callie. Page me if you need anything."

Standing up, the grey haired man rushes out of the room avoiding any questions. He knew there was something different with the brunette, but he didn't think it could get this bad. What did she mean he will kill her? Who would want to kill somebody like Mia?

Running down the hallways, Mark was determined to find Callie and get answers out of her.

He felt a pain in his stomach thinking about what Mia may be talking about. Mark wanted to be there for the girl, but he barely even knows her. Why is he so determined to help a girl that he knows almost nothing about?

"Torres!" Sloan finally called out, running down the hallway to approach the dark haired surgeon. Stuffing her hands in her white lab coat, she looks at her friend with a frown.

Out of breath, Mark stares at his friend. "Callie, what the hell is going on?"

"Why do you care, Mark? This isn't something that I can just gossip to you about! This is my best friend..my freaking cousin, Sloan!" Callie snaps causing Mark to stumble back at her sudden outburst.

"I care because she's my friend, Callie! She's my friend and I deserve some damn answers!" Mark shouts, Callie's facial expression softening.

"Then why are you getting so worked up? Mark, please tell me-"

"I think there could be something with her, Callie. An actual chance at happiness is right in front of me, Torres, and all I want to know is what I can do to help her. That's all I want to do." Mark interupts as Callie watches her friends face fall in a serious expression.

Mark actually has feelings towards someone.

"I can't be the one to tell you that, Mark. It's not my place." The orthopedic surgeon whispers, turning around slowly. Grabbing her arm quickly, Torres is faced with plead written over her friends face.

"She's in the on-call room on the left," Callie whispers turning around slowly. Mark quickly rushes to the door, opening it slowly. "Mark, please don't break my best friend's heart."

Mark smiles lightly before walking into the room, closing the door softly.

***