ten

TEN:

Mark watched as Mia ran down the hallway, dressed in his baggy T-Shirt while her pale cheeks were covered in mascara streaks, which he hoped was due to the pouring rain

He wanted to talk to her. Desperately. He wanted to hold her in his arms and never let go, never wanting her to be hurt ever again.

The only thing is, you simply have no power to heal what someone else damaged.

At least, that's what Mark Sloan though. He thinks once someone is hurt, you can try desperately to tape them back together, but it's not guaranteed to always work.

He didn't want it to be this way. He would gladly wish that one day she would wake up and not remember anything that happened to her. That she could just be happy with him.

But Mia couldn't do that.

"Callie..please. I'm begging you, tell me what the hell is going on." Mark pleaded, desperately looking at his best friend for some answers.

Callie glanced his way, shaking her head lightly. Arizona stood next to Callie, stuffing her hands in her lab coat.

"Mark, it's not her place to tell you about what happened in her cousin's life. It's Mia's decision." Arizona backs up Callie, not knowing what Mia's background was.

Mark crossed his arms, ignoring Arizona as he looked straight at his best friend. "Callie, she's my girlfriend. Please."

"Exactly, she's your girlfriend, but she's my cousin. Family trumps partners, Mark." Callie, who focuses back on a chart, snaps at her friend causing him to sigh in frustration.

Arizona, who looks at Callie with a frown on her face says, "I feel like partners should have a right to know what's going on in the other persons life. It's a two person relationship."

"See, someone agrees with me!" Mark says proudly, looking at Callie with plead in his eyes. She sighs, glaring at Arizona.

"You have a point, but Mark, it's not my place. Go ask Mia about Ben." Callie demands, revealing a little bit of her past. Mark raises his eyebrows, a bigger frown spreading.

Arizona looks at Callie, same facial expression Mark has written on the blondes face. "Who's Ben?"

"Mia's Ex-Boyfriend." A voice says behind the doctors, causing everyone to turn around.

Standing in front of them is a tall brunette, facial structures similar to Mia's. Callie nods her head, a small smile plastered on her face.