The confession

"W-what" I said.
All the pain from my arm must be going to my head. There's no way what I just heard was true. There's no way.
"what did you just say jean" my tears dripped off the bottom of my face and made little splashes on the ground in front of armin's knees.
"I SAID I LOVE YOU. It's my fault. this is all my fault."  Jean screamed with tears pouring down his face. 

The pain he must be in. How can he think it was his fault. He's only ever made me happy. How can he believe he caused me pain. Caused me suffering. I can't bear the sight of him. It makes my heart jump to my throat and all the pain from my arm feels like a pinprick compared to this feeling.

"No"
"What" his eyes widened as if he just woke up after thousands of years and just realised what year it was.
"Don't you ever say that again. You've only ever made me smile. How can you believe this was y-your fault. Argh " starting to feel faint from the blood loss I'm starting to realise this may be my last chance to tell him.

"Ever since I bumped into you you made me happy. Without you maybe I would've been eaten a long time ago. Facing titans and training everyday showed me that without you to keep me going I would've gone insane. The thought of you always made me happy. If this is the only chance I'll get to tell you. Then I will. I love you. I never really cared about other people or what fate others would have. I only wanted to survive to prove a point. But now. I wanted to live for you. I wanted t-to be with you and around you. You saved me. Don't ever think you put me in danger. I-I love you"

Jean jumped up and ran to me. Armin sensed what would happen and moved away. "You better come out of this (Y/N)" armin mumbled trying to hide the pain. Soldiers started to gather around us in a circle. Even eren and mikasa, Sasha and Connie ( who were now holding hands). Jean knelt down and rested my head on his lap. Stroking my hair.

"Don't leave then. S-stick around for me. Okay? You can do that right? You said you wanted to live for me? THEN LIVE. You can live. We can be together. We can be happy. We can protect each other. Right? (Y/N)?!" Jeans tears slowly roll over his forced smile. I couldn't help but smile too. How can he be so cute even in this situation. I can't show him I'm in pain. I want him to be happy. Even without me. I don't want my fate to bring him suffering.
"Y-Yeah l-let's do that. " I started to feel fuzzy. It's pretty clear this is it. My time was up.

the last thing I ever heard was this :

"I will always love you. Forever more... I promise. I'll live for you. Watch over me would you? Our time may have been short together. But I'll always be grateful . Knowing a woman as beautiful as you loved me. Even for a little while...Sleep well. I'll see you soon."

And as Everything started to go black.  the last thing I ever felt was the warmth of his lips on mine. His tears dripping on my face. I felt happy. And complete. This was where I was supposed to lie...

(Five years later)

Jeans POV

With the titans gone and no more threat . We can all finally settle down. Eren and mikasa finally got together. So did Sasha and Connie. We all expected it to happen Haha. So that's nice I suppose... but...I can't help but still feel lonely. I miss her everyday. Her sweet face and smile. I hope she's still up there. Caring for me. Watching me. Perhaps we'll meet again someday. No. I'll make sure of it. I'll come see you (y/n). Wait for me.

Ok so quick author note. Sorry it's depressing. It's probably not that great either but I hope you enjoyed it even a little. Thanks so much for reading. I'm going to try and make at least one more story on wattpad. Maybe not aot related. But yeah. Thanks for reading love you all!