17. An unknown feeling

Feeling my heart skip a beat, my eyes widened, hearing his words flow back and forth in my mind. His mouth parted open and my eyes lingered on his red, glistening lips.

Unable to speak or do anything, I continued to stare at him, as my mind was having an eternal battle with what I just heard.

'Did I want to kiss Death?'

That's one question I didn't know the answer of.

"Go on Sweetheart, you know you want to..." He held a lustful gaze on me and my breathing turned rapid, he was bound to have heard how fast my heart was beating because of him.

He came closer, as I felt his body warmth embrace mine even further if it was remotely possible. My mind turned into a hot mess and I couldn't do anything other than look at him.

'Ugh the male just had to dominate the female didn't it?'

Then he curled his lips upwards for a few seconds until he started to laugh. He moved away from me and stood upwards until I was left on the ice-cold snow beneath me.

"Man, that was really funny you have to admit Sweetheart. I didn't expect to see that reaction. And to think I'd want to kiss you, that'd never happen." He placed his hands on his face as I heard his laughter sink into my ears.

For some reason, I could feel my eyes watering and my chest aching. With my erratic yet harsh breathing because of the cold, I immediately stood up and shook of my dejected feelings in front of Death.

"A-anyways, I should go home now. It's so cold right? I'm freezing...s-so I'm heading out first Death." Without looking directly into his eyes, I turned around and began walking to the direction to my home.

I didn't understand why I felt like this but all I wanted to do right now was go home and fall into my bed. Home was the place I wanted to be at a time like this.

Hearing the soft crunch of my feet step onto the untouched snow, I quickened my pace and placed my hand onto my chest.

It wouldn't stop beating.

Thinking that I had walked far enough from Death, I took a peek behind me and saw that he was no longer there, he was gone.

'Good. Now I won't have to entertain him anymore.'

Within a couple of minutes, I ran, ran as far as my exhausted legs could take me. And soon I saw my home in sight, I fumbled with my bag to find my keys and locked the door after I entered.

Without even changing my soaked clothes from the snow, I fell onto my bed and clutched my chest tightly, as my eyes no longer could hold in the tears.

"Why? Why am I crying? Why do I feel so hurt for?"

Asking myself this over and over, my eyes threatened to spill tears and I didn't stop them. I let myself weakly cry after such a long time.

The last time I ever cried like this was when my family all left me by myself and I was left alone to survive.

"I wish these tears would stop, I wish I didn't feel like this!"

Suddenly all the memories of me and Death were playing in my mind. The first time I met him, the days where he'd visit me to surprise me and the days like this where we'd do something together.

But then I realised what I did was beyond stupid, even though he didn't have bad intentions, his words hurt.

But this meant one thing, despite avoiding this feeling in the back of my mind for so long, I couldn't avoid it forever.

I've fallen in love with Death.

And I don't know how to feel about it.